Baroque flute teacher Sydney

  • jenniferfbrian
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 1 5:56 PM
      Sorry to bother you all with this,
      I am looking for a Baroque flute teacher in Sydney.
      I don't have a flute yet, but am looking to learn to play
      stylistically before I buy one.
      If you have any suggestions I'd love to hear them.
      Cheers
      Jennifer Brian
    • Malcolm Tattersall
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 1 10:32 PM
        Hi, Jennifer,
        Last I heard, Hans-Dieter Michatz was still teaching in both Sydney and Canberra. He may
        not be the only teacher of baroque flute in Sydney, but he must be among the best.

        EMA of NSW:
        http://earlymusicnsw.com/
        and/or
        Sydney Soc of Recorder Players:
        http://www.sydneyrecorders.com.au/
        may be useful points of contact, too.

        Hope this helps,

        Malcolm Tattersall
        Townsville

        --- In earlyflute@yahoogroups.com, "jenniferfbrian" <jennifer_f_brian@...> wrote:

        > Sorry to bother you all with this,
        > I am looking for a Baroque flute teacher in Sydney.
        > I don't have a flute yet, but am looking to learn to play
        > stylistically before I buy one.
        > If you have any suggestions I'd love to hear them.
        > Cheers
        > Jennifer Brian

      • Ardal Powell
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 1 11:12 PM
          Hello Jennifer,

          Melissa Farrow is listed as a teacher in Sydney in the Baroque Flute
          Teachers database at http://teachers.baroqueflute.com

          HTH,
          Ardal
          Ardal Powell
          ardal@...
          Folkers & Powell, Makers of Historical Flutes
          http://www.baroqueflute.com
          Full Circle Flute Co Ltd * http://www.headjoints.com