try try again

  • marsintaurus
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 3, 2007
      Hello, Best Wishes to you All!

      Sometime before Christmas I thought I posted a message here, but it
      seems not to have actually happened. Hmmm, I'm not very bright with
      computers I fear, so now I try again.

      I just wanted to say that the person to ask about Galuppi flute
      concerti is the wonderful Claire Genewein. She is doing her Phd on
      Galuppi's concerti and their relationship to his operas, and has dug
      through every library known to man in seach of Galuppi's music. You
      should be able to reach her through www.docartes.com

      I will post a little essay about my "18th-century period" on my
      website...thanks for the idea, it will be fun to think and write about
      that time in my life again!

      However, at the moment I am up to my ears in 'Abduction from the
      Seraglio', so I think it will be awhile before I post anything
      anywhere. And finally, 2/4 chez Mozart seems also to be (at least in
      Entfuehrung) a moderate time-signature...so it's looking like Quantz
      is out in left-field with his very quick 2/4....

      Cheers,

      Jed Wentz