11th Annual Boxwood Festival, Ltd.

  • Ann Huntoon
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 6, 2006
      We are pleased to be announcing the 11th annual Boxwood Festival, Ltd.,
      scheduled for July 23-28, 2006 in beautiful Lunenburg, Nova Scotia.
      Please join us for this all-star line up of faculty and guest artists!
      Arrive a day early and join in the festivities with the Boxwood Lobster
      Boil Supper and Jazz Night Fundraiser on Saturday, July 22.

      Boxwood has received worldwide recognition over the past decade producing
      extraordinary gatherings dedicated to exploring and sharing the oral
      traditions of flute playing. Boxwood’s invited guest artists change from
      year to year to include leading players, teachers, makers, and scholars
      from among the flute’s many traditions. Students attend classes daily and
      are encouraged to visit with each teacher during the course of the week
      with the aim of expanding musical vocabulary, learning new techniques,
      broadening their sense of the instrument, and enabling them to find their
      own musical voice. The evenings are filled with social gatherings that
      include excellent meals, concerts, social dancing, informal gatherings and
      sessions of music-making with students and teachers alike. While the week
      in Lunenburg focuses on the flute & whistle and their musical traditions,
      the festival encourages a multidisciplinary approach, inviting a variety
      of artists, students and players of all instruments at all levels – novice
      and experienced, including players of the modern Boehm system flute.

      The Boxwood Canada 2006 faculty includes:

      Chris NORMAN - director, flutes, small pipes
      Kevin CRAWFORD- Irish flute, bodhran
      Paddy KEENAN - Uilleann pipes, whistle
      Jean-Michel VEILLON - Breton flute
      Marten ROOT - baroque & classical flute
      David GREENBERG - Cape Breton and baroque violin
      Rod GARNETT - improvisation, song, accompaniment, Peruvian Balinese,
      Eastern European flutes, tone development
      Andy THURSTON - guitar & mandolin
      David McGUINNESS - harpsichord, piano, blues harmonica
      Pauline HINGSTON - Irish Step Dance
      David & Nina SHOREY - flute scholars and dealers in historical flutes

      Please visit Boxwood's web site to find out about scholarship
      opportunities and work study positions available.

      http://www.boxwood.org/canada.html

      Bring the family! Non-participant rates make the week into a family
      vacation, permitting guests into all meals and events, excluding daily
      classes. Nova Scotia offers a wealth of historic, athletic and
      educational tourism opportunities.

      Early registration is encouraged. Take advantage of the $50.00 discount
      if registration is completed in full by April 15, 2006!

      For further questions, please either contact me by e.mail or telephone:

      Ann Huntoon
      Boxwood, Ltd.
      713 South Oak Avenue
      Marshfield, Wisconsin 54449
      715.384.6585
      ann@...
      http://www.boxwood.org
    • wentz047@planet.nl
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 6, 2006

        Many thanks for you information about Boxwood, I am sure it will be a great summer experience!

        Yours,

        Jed Wentz