Flute Collection

  • Collins, Shelley
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 3, 2002
      Flute Collection

      I'm coming out of lurkdom to see if anyone can help. I've just started teaching at Seattle Pacific University, and I've discovered a flute collection in a cupboard. The instruments were donated by James A. Buck between approx. 1974-77, but no one seems to remember any details. Has anyone heard of a flute collector or flutist named James Buck? He passed away some time in about 1995. Last known residence was Tuscon, AZ.

      Very little in playable condition. Stamps on flutes include "C. Gerock/London," "Firthpond & Co./N-York," "Camp/London," "Camp/from/Rudall & Rose/London," "Martin Fres/A/Paris," "MiDaille D'Or/Ga," "Gautrot Aine/Brevette/A Paris," "Geo.Cloos," and of course several "Nach Meyer."

      Any comments? Suggestions on what to DO with the collection?

      TIA,
      Shelley Collins

    • H. David Templeton
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 10, 2002
        I am selling my Folkers & Powell Baroque flute:

        Denner Copy in boxwood with both 415 and 392 joints and foot register. This
        flute has a lovely tone and an excellent scale. A new one costs $2410. I am
        asking $1850 for mine.

        David Templeton
      • Ardal Powell
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 15, 2002
          On Thursday, January 10, 2002 12:53 PM, H. David Templeton
          [SMTP:hdt@...] wrote:
          > I am selling my Folkers & Powell Baroque flute:

          Hello David,

          If your flute isn't sold yet you're welcome to list it at a new interactive
          section of the Folkers & Powell website for Classified Ads and Auctions, at
          http://used.baroqueflute.com

          It's a place for buyers and sellers of any kind of early flute or related
          equipment (music, recordings, etc) to make contact. F&P doesn't charge any
          fees or commissions and is not a party to any transactions that take place
          between users--we just provide the webspace.

          You can post a classified ad, which stays up for 30 days, or longer if you
          renew it. Alternatively you can auction your flute in an ebay-type
          arrangement that lasts 15 days.

          All the best,
          Ardal
          Ardal Powell
          Folkers & Powell, Makers of Historical Flutes * http://www.baroqueflute.com
          Full Circle Flute Co Ltd * http://www.headjoints.com
          Flute History Web site * http://www.flutehistory.com
        • Mark Hoza
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 16, 2002
            Ardal,

            That's a great service! Thanks for going to the trouble. I'll put a link
            to it on my site.

            Cheers,
            Mark
            --