Re: Galician and italian flutes

  • Andrea Kirkby
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1 12:41 AM
      The 'doppio fiauto' sounds similar to the Croatian double flute or
      dvojnice, which is carved out of one piece of wood. I think there is also a
      double-chanter bagpipe in Croatia, and the zampogna in Italy which was
      already mentioned ; so it seems that there are double-windway instruments
      both sides of the Adriatic, both reeded and fipple instruments. I don't
      know of any elsewhere in Europe, East or West, though I stand to be corrected.