Flute and Guitar

  • Musicália
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 7, 2000
      Hello everyone

      I woul like to play some Italian a German Srenades and Nocturnes with a
      classical guitar (around 1792 / 1820).
      I am wondering if anyone could tell me wich is the best model for this kind
      of repertoire.

      Thanks for your help
      :)
      Joaquim Galvão
    • music@redcedar.org
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 7, 2000
        Dear Joaquim Galvão

        I perform this repertoire on period instruments with guitarist John Dowdall
        -- my flutes of choice are a Viennese flutes: a Ziegler 8-keyed and an
        11-keyed Koch. Both are very expressive instruments with lovely tone
        colors.
        Ja Boland

        >Hello everyone
        >
        >I woul like to play some Italian a German Srenades and Nocturnes with a
        >classical guitar (around 1792 / 1820).
        >I am wondering if anyone could tell me wich is the best model for this kind
        >of repertoire.
        >
        >Thanks for your help
        > :)
        >Joaquim Galvão

        Jan Boland, D. Mus
        Red Cedar Chamber Music &
        Boland-Dowdall Flute & Guitar Duo
        PO Box 154
        Marion IA 52302-0154 USA
        email: music@...
        web site: www.redcedar.org
      • Joaquim Fucking
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 19, 2000
          --- In earlyflute@egroups.com, music@r... wrote:
          > Dear Joaquim Galvão
          >
          > I perform this repertoire on period instruments with guitarist John
          Dowdall
          > -- my flutes of choice are a Viennese flutes: a Ziegler 8-keyed
          and an
          > 11-keyed Koch. Both are very expressive instruments with lovely
          tone
          > colors.
          > Ja Boland
          >
          > Many Thanks Ja Boland
          Can you suggest any one-key flute / four -key flute /six -key flute
          to this reoertoire ?

          Joaquim Galvao
        • Harry Bower
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 19, 2000
            Excuse me?

            On Tue, 19 Dec 2000 12:07:50 -0000 "Joaquim Fucking"
            <musicalia@...> writes:
            > --- In earlyflute@egroups.com, music@r... wrote:
            > > Dear Joaquim Galv�o
            > >
            > > I perform this repertoire on period instruments with guitarist
            > John
            > Dowdall
            > > -- my flutes of choice are a Viennese flutes: a Ziegler 8-keyed
            > and an
            > > 11-keyed Koch. Both are very expressive instruments with lovely
            > tone
            > > colors.
            > > Ja Boland
            > >
            > > Many Thanks Ja Boland
            > Can you suggest any one-key flute / four -key flute /six -key flute
            >
            > to this reoertoire ?
            >
            > Joaquim Galvao

          • Joaquim Fucking
            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 19, 2000
              Hello Mr.Harry Bower

              I am sorry but i did not tape that expresion and i do not know how
              that hapenned.
              Can anyone explain this ?
              Anyway i apologise the earlyflute-list
              Joaquim Galvao

              In earlyflute@egroups.com, Harry Bower <fluteoftheroom@j...> wrote:
              > Excuse me?
              >
              > On Tue, 19 Dec 2000 12:07:50 -0000 "Joaquim Fucking"
              > <musicalia@m...> writes:
              > > --- In earlyflute@egroups.com, music@r... wrote:
              > > > Dear Joaquim Galvão
              > > >
              > > > I perform this repertoire on period instruments with guitarist
              > > John
              > > Dowdall
              > > > -- my flutes of choice are a Viennese flutes: a Ziegler 8-
              keyed
              > > and an
              > > > 11-keyed Koch. Both are very expressive instruments with
              lovely
              > > tone
              > > > colors.
              > > > Ja Boland
              > > >
              > > > Many Thanks Ja Boland
              > > Can you suggest any one-key flute / four -key flute /six -key
              flute

              > > to this reoertoire ?
              > >
              > > Joaquim Galvao
              > >

              > > -------------------------- eGroups Sponsor

            • Harry Bower
              Message 6 of 6 , Dec 19, 2000
                Well, I hope other people got that id, too, not just me. I know that my
                computer resents me but would it be Galvao with me like that?
                Don't worry about it, Joachim, I can't speak for everyone on the list,
                but everyone who's on the list that I have met considers it a standard
                English word, suitable to many occasions.

                I don't care how it got there, it was a good laugh.

                (-H