firth and pond flute

  • JefOls@xxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 3, 2000
      Greetings,

      I was wondering if anyone could tell me something about the quality and
      history of a Firth and Pond Co. flute (or Firth and Pond flutes in general)
      which I found in a local music shop here in Eugene, Oregon USA.

      It has a repaired crack through the embouchure and a smashed but repaired
      screw cap. It plays pretty close to 440, internal tuning is decent, and it
      has a fairly loud, reedy tone. Wood looks more brown than blackwood
      (cocus?). Finger holes and embouchure are medium sized. It has five (or
      maybe six) keys and is priced at $750. The inscription on the barrel reads
      "Firth and Pond Co. German Silver, ?ERankernson?"

      Any comments would be much appreciated. Thanks a lot and happy new year!

      Jeff Olson