Re: The lunettes keys ..

  • DAVID
    Message 1 of 49 , Nov 23, 2012
      Dear Satosius,

      I will try to get some photos to you and on EBay. It's my first listing and I'm requiring technical support! Meanwhile, here is the link to Arthur Haswell's website, where it was listed for a while.

      http://www.arthurhaswell.co.uk/Triebert.htm

      All I know of Triebert is that they made Oboes and I believe my keys are reminiscent of oboe fingering.

      Blessings,
      Catriona (MairiDuke)

      --- In earlyflute@yahoogroups.com, "satosius" <satosius@...> wrote:

      > Hello David Scott,
      >
      > I also want to closeups of the flute especially at the embouchure hole.
      > The instrument has lunettes keys!
      > In Japan, I feel that simple flutes with lunettes keys were rare.
      > Perhaps, musicians --- in the Meiji and/or Taisho and/or early Shouwa era --- ware playing without the keys, I think.
      > Players would either like the keyes or wouldn't like them.
      > I personally like without the lunettes keys.
      > Was not Triebert famed more for hautbois than flute ?
      > Therfore he could attach lunettes keys.. (???)
      >
      > Satosius
      >

      > --- In earlyflute@yahoogroups.com, DAVID SCOTT <david.scott121@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hello fellow flautists,
      > >
      > > I'm not really an active member, but I do read your postings on almost a daily basis, with great interest. It's time to break the silence and let you know that I have, eventually, put my Triebert on Ebay, having been unsuccessful at selling it privately. I've not done it before now (and I've been keen to re-invest for a while), because, well, it's Ebay (need I say more?!). But anyway, here we are. I'm not a salesperson, so please forgive me hi-jacking the forum, but I do want it to go to a good home :0)
      > >
      > > If you are interested in seeing it in its nicely refurbished state, please do have a look. It had been much loved.
      > >
      > > http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wooden-Flute-Fabulous-Original-Tribert-/251187806679?pt=UK_Woodwind_Instruments&hash=item3a7bf5c1d7
      > >

      > > Catriona
      > >

      > > Dr. Catriona Scott (Ph.D)
      > > Recent Activity:
      > > Visit Your Group
      > >
      > > Switch to: Text-Only, Daily Digest • Unsubscribe • Terms of Use • Send us Feedback
      > > .

    • satosius
      Message 49 of 49 , Nov 26, 2012
        Very sorry, repeated recursive comments!

        --- In earlyflute@yahoogroups.com, "satosius" <satosius@...> wrote:

        > The small hole is closed by V and/or VI hole with ring keys, also by Eb.
        > As long as Eb key is pushed, we could play same manner as a flute without the open lunettes keys. Therefore the alternative fingering especially at 3va would be slightly awkward. eg familiar alternative fingering for fis''' with
        >
        > XOX XOO
        >
        > would be out of certification.

        ASSUMING THE POSITION OF EACH TONE HOLE IS ABSOLUTELY SAME AS MY BUFFET=CRAMPON SIMPLE SYSTEM FLUTE WITH A FIS CORRECTING ADJUST KEY!!!, by playing with pushing or releasing the adjust key, I've simulationally verified about the small hole between IV and V hole. Results would be basically no problem about notes usually used.
        Im my case, Bb''' is not lower and easily spoken, so the note in "Entr'acte from Bizet's Carmen" will be considerably become easy with

        Bb''': OXO XOO

        Further alternative fis'''

        XOX XOO

        was OK