Re: [earlyflute] Re: FS G.A. Rottenburgh flute in Guayacan wood A=415

  • Eva Aralikatti
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 1, 2012
      Guayacan is Lignum Vitae, Satosius ...
      Keith, I might be interested in your flute, would you mind sending me some pictures, please (info@...)? Thanks! :-)

      regards,
      Eva

      At 09:09 01.01.2012 +0000, you wrote:

      A happy new year keithfre and everyone!

      Does Guayacan mean "guaiacum officinale" ?
      It is called in japan "ebenum viride" id est green ebony.
      I think it is rare.
      How does the flute sound ?
      Does it sound like a granadilla or ebony flute?

      Best Regards,
      Satosius

      --- In earlyflute@yahoogroups.com, "keithfre" <keith.freeman@...> wrote:

      > I'm asking 400 euros (you'd be getting a hardwood flute for the price of a plastic one!). I live in the Netherlands, but will be in England the first week of January, so if anyone in the UK is interested I could send it from there (or you could come and try it just outside Cambridge).
      >
      > For more details, photos please send me a private e-mail.
      >
      > -Keith Freeman

      FluteFairy
      Werkstatt für Holzblasinstrumentenbau
      restoration & repair of vintage flutes

      Scottish / Cape Breton Music
      - Fiddle, Flute & Feet -

      Eva Aralikatti
      Winzererstraße 96
      D - 80797 München

      contact address in the UK:
      19 Smith Street
      Newark on Trent
      Nottinghamshire
      NG24 1RE
      Great Britain
      +44-(0)131-208 0904
      Skype: scotswind

    • laurent.cabot@free.fr
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 2, 2012
        Hi keith,

        Would it be possible to have some pictures ?
        Thanks in advance & happy new year !

        Laurent CABOT

        I'm asking 400 euros (you'd be getting a hardwood flute for the price of a plastic one!). I live in the Netherlands, but will be in England the first week of January, so if anyone in the UK is interested I could send it from there (or you could come and try it just outside Cambridge).

        For more details, photos please send me a private e-mail.

        -Keith Freeman

      • keithfre
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 9, 2012
          > Does Guayacan mean "guaiacum officinale" ?
          I presume it's this one:
          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guayacan

          > How does the flute sound ?
          > Does it sound like a granadilla or ebony flute?
          I would say somewhere between boxwood and ebony.

          -Keith
        • keithfre
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 9, 2012
            > > Does Guayacan mean "guaiacum officinale" ?
            > I presume it's this one:
            > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guayacan

            According to the maker it's Caesalpinia paraguariensis.

            -Keith
          • Javier Gelati
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 9, 2012
              Hi All!
              I´ve got a traverso made in this wood, I like it very much, it sounds wonderful.
              There´s a site that speaks a little about the guayacán, you must translate from spanish.

              All the best!
              Javier Gelati

              "Lo inestable que el ser lleva en sí, impide la presencia en él de las cosas estables"

              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 11, 2012
                Hi All!

                "Guayacán" is a Guaraní word.