South Florida Concert Announcement 8/22/10

  • R. Scott Ireland
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 3, 2010
      Hi everyone,

      For those of you in South Florida, on Sunday, August 22, 2010, our period instrument ensemble, Camerata del Re, will present a concert of Spanish Baroque music.

      The concert starts at 4 pm at St. Paul's Episcopal Church, 188 S. Swinton Avenue, Delray Beach, Florida. Tickets are $15; preferred seating is $18.

      The program:
      Jose Herrando – Flute Sonata in c major
      Juan Oliver Astorga – Trio in c minor (for two violins and basso continuo)
      Francesc Manalt – Sonata in c minor (for violin and basso continuo)
      Jose Pla – The Favourite Concerto (for two flutes, two violins and violoncello)
      Salvador Rexach – Trio in g major (for two violins and basso continuo)
      Juan Pla – Trio Sonata in d minor (for two flutes and basso continuo)
      Luigi Boccherini – Flute Quintet in g major (for flute, two violins, viola and violoncello)

      The performers:
      Dr. Keith Paulson-Thorp (director, baroque violin, harpsichord)
      Scott Flavin (baroque violin)
      Laurice Buckton (baroque viola)
      Phil Lakofsky (cello)
      Dr. Rene Gonzalez (baroque guitar)