3059 : RI President's monthly message - September 2013

  • sunilkzach
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 3, 2013
      Paul Harris famously wrote, “This is a changing world: we must be
      prepared to change with it. The story of Rotary will have to be written
      again and again.” While we will never know what Rotarian Paul would have
      thought of the Internet Age, I think I do know what he would have said
      about the idea of a Rotary website: that not only should we have one,
      but that it should be the best possible – keeping up with advances in
      technology, and always responding to the needs of Rotarians.

      I’m proud to announce that after a redesign that has taken two years
      from concept to completion, the new Rotary.org is now live and available
      to Rotarians and Internet users everywhere. It contains many of the
      features you’ve asked for, most notably a much improved search function
      and navigation, new ways to connect with your fellow Rotarians around
      the world, and a more personalized experience that will connect you with
      the information that’s interesting to you.

      Rotary’s new website is actually two sites: one for the family of
      Rotary, and another for people interested in finding out more about
      Rotary. When you create an account and log on as a member, you’ll gain
      access to a host of new Rotary tools. One I hope you’ll all use is
      Rotary Club Central, an efficient and effective way for clubs to set
      goals, track their progress, and maintain continuity from one
      administration to the next. You can also create or join a Rotary group,
      an interactive discussion forum that gives you a way to find and talk to
      Rotarians with similar interests. You can exchange ideas and
      experiences, and benefit from the experiences of others from all over
      the world, at any time of the day or night. It’s a tool with wonderful
      potential to improve our service by allowing us to learn directly from
      others already involved in projects similar to those we might be
      planning.

      For non-Rotarians, the new site will show what Rotary is and what we
      do, highlighting the uniqueness of Rotary and how Rotary clubs
      strengthen their communities. They’ll be able to see a snapshot of
      different Rotary projects and areas of service, find out more about how
      Rotary works, and explore ways to get involved.
      I am excited about this new window on the Rotary world and invite you
      all to visit, explore, and learn – as we write the story of Rotary,
      again and again, together.
      Ron Burton Rotary International President

      Source : Rotary International Courtesy : www.eflashonline.org