2096 : Trustee Chair's message - July, 2011

  • Sunil
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 2011
      Let's work together to make 2011-12 a great year

      I am excited, and I hope you are too, as we move into the new Rotary year. Our clubs and districts have new leaders, and we've set new goals for the year ahead. Everything we appreciate in Rotary remains constant, but the people and roles change.

      Similarly, our Rotary Foundation has new trustees and a new chair, but our mission remains the same: to enable Rotarians to advance world peace through the improvement of health, support of education, and alleviation of poverty. This year, we've set three goals for the Foundation – not to replace our vision for the future, but to give us focus for the year.

      Our first goal is to complete the eradication of polio. We took great steps forward in 2010. We cannot relax, however, as the outbreaks in Tajikistan and the Republic of the Congo remind us. Each of us can make a contribution to this, the greatest achievement in the history of Rotary.

      Our second goal is that every one of us should feel that we own The Rotary Foundation. We can do that through our service and our contributions. This should be our Rotary Foundation.

      The third goal is to make our Foundation more effective and efficient by testing and refining our Future Vision Plan. After a very positive first year, we need the pilot districts to tell us what works and what could be improved, and to develop new ways to serve. This also will be a preparation year for nonpilot districts. Think now how your district structure will change and how you will make decisions on grants and audits.

      The strength of The Rotary Foundation, our Foundation, is not determined by the trustees. What we can do is determined by you. Please support us, and together let us make 2011-12 another great Rotary year.

      Bill Boyd
      Foundation Trustee Chair

      Source : www.rotary.org