26054122: The earth is a nice place to live because of Rotarians

  • sunilkzach
    Jul 15 6:30 PM

      The earth is a nice place to live because of Rotarians

      In 2006-07, I took part in a Group Study Exchange to Missouri in the United States, where I learned and trained with other professionals in my field.

      During the exchange, I sharpened my leadership skills and made lifetime friends. It also helped me to build a bridge of friendship between Rotary members in India and the Midwest region of the United States, which has resulted in doing more community service projects and making everyone say, “The earth is a nice place to live because of Rotarians.”

      But even before joining Rotary, another experience had a profound impact on my life. I attended an eye camp organized by the Rotary Club of Nellore. I was distributing eye glasses to the patients who had been operated upon when a very elderly person caught hold of my hands. She said, “I don’t know where God is, but here I see God in Rotarians who have come all the way to this remote village, took care of our ophthalmic needs, and gave us sight. My own sons refused to take me to the doctor citing financial reasons. But you did it and you are my children.”

      That brought tears to my eyes, and I realized the kind of solutions Rotary is giving in solving community needs. That firmed up my thoughts to serve the community through Rotary until I breathe my last breath.

      Source: PDG Bharath Reddy, a member of the Rotary Club of Nellore, Andhra Pradesh, India  in Rotary Voices

      Courtesy: http://www.eflashonline.org/