Flash Plugin for Firefox...?

  • Martin Rosenfeld
    Message 1 of 36 , Dec 1 1:55 PM
      I am trying to put the Flash plugin for FF back in my profile, but it I
      try to use a WPI file it tells me that my Odin version 0.9 is too new
      and that I need 0.8.

      I do have the flash dll, NPSWF32.dll, in the MOZ_PLUGIN_PATH directory
      as set in config.sys, but FF-45.9 does not see it.

      Please help.

      Martin Rosenfeld
    • D R
      Message 36 of 36 , Dec 9 1:01 AM
        For your information.

        I restart my ArcaOS after disabling my clamd daemon (0.99) which uses a lot of memory.
        I have virtualaddresslimit to its maximum allowed value
        My system has 16Gb of storage, the not OS used storage is defined as a virtual drive

        Not starting my clamd (which means using less storage) made youtube work again under firefox !
        IT looks like when accessing youtube, mutch storage is needed to be able to play videos in html5
        While normal html5 code used between video tags works well.

        For me, freeing storage made youtube work again under FF 38.8
        note: using my clamd 0.98 (which uses less memory as 0.99) allows youtube to work too.
        For me, all looks to be a storage issue.

        Why does FF use as mutch storage ?
        And why a lot of storage is needed by youtube ? (will it load again codecs ?)

        Remy

        De : "Dave Yeo dave.r.yeo@... [eCS-Technical]" <eCS-Technical@yahoogroups.com>
        À : eCS-Technical@yahoogroups.com
        Envoyé le : Vendredi 8 décembre 2017 17h42
        Objet : Re: [eCS-Technical] Flash Plugin for Firefox...?

        On 12/08/17 03:17 AM, D R chmrd2003@... [eCS-Technical] wrote:
        > Hi !
        >
        > Now, my youtube is no more working too while it always worked before !
        > Very strange, what did youtube into its browser detection ?
        > It looks it only hope to find some specific codecs according the browser
        > type or maybe something like this...
        >
        > Same issue now, youtube not more able to detect the needed html5 codec !
        > This looks to be a youtube issue due I open a personnel file using html5
        > and it works well ....

        Youtube works here. Note that I've downgraded to an older version of SM
        as the newest is broken when it comes to playing VP9

        Dave

        http://hobbes.nmsu.edu   HOBBES
        http://www.netlabs.org   NETLABS

        Use the Database for specific discussion areas.

        <*> Your email settings:
            Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
            (Yahoo! ID required)