21003Re: [eCS-Technical] Linux OFMs (was: weaning)

  • Felix Miata
    Dec 4 12:07 PM
      Jan van Wijk composed on 2017-12-04 20:27 (UTC+0100):

      > On Mon, 04 Dec 2017 14:28:04 +0100 (CET) Maurice GUERON wrote:

      >>Hello Jan, How does MC compare to ZTB alias ZTBold / XTree?

      > No idea, it has been 20 years since I uses ZTB I thi k (if it is what I think it is :)

      Me neither. I came from NC on DOS to FC/2 on OS/2 to MC on Linux initially, and
      later to FC/L also. I never had any interest in exploring ZTB or XTree.

      > I am using MC because it was the closest match to FC/2 :)

      > Will probably switch to FC/Linux now, allthough there only seems to be a 64-bit version
      > for Suse, and I think my VM is currently a 32-bit one ...

      > Time for a new VM then probably :)

      openSUSE has no currently supported "distribution" in 32bit, but does still
      have 32bit in the "rolling release" Tumbleweed.

      FC/L only runs in X (requires Pango & Cairo among others). Figuring out which
      FC/L to use can be frustrating, but because of

      # zypper --no-refresh se -s -i filecom
      i+ | filecommander | package | 2.50-svn_1899_centos7 | x86_64 | FCunst
      # grep RETT /etc/os-release
      PRETTY_NAME="openSUSE Leap 42.3"

      I would expect there likely to be a 32bit version compatible with TW, 13.1 &
      13.2. IIRC, the FC/ author's Linux personal preference is one of the Debians,
      and he doesn't update his web site very often. There is a mailing list for FC:
      file-commander+subscribe@...

      Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/
    • Show all 36 messages in this topic