Re: Hi! I have some questions...

  • tigerlily_1966
    Message 1 of 846 , Feb 1, 2002
      My daughter has only started to play the flute. I
      did have a long talk with her band teacher yesterday.
      He says that he had no idea she was dyslexic or even
      how that would affect her reading music, BUT, he
      feels she has talent and that she has improved this
      past week. She started writing the name of the
      note(G,F,etc) under the notes, which seems to help. This leads
      me to think her dyslexia IS a factor, but she is
      enthusiastic about playing and I think she can compensate for
      any reading problems. <br><br>She's having a really
      hard time right now in school. She has detention today
      for "forgetting" to do homework and very sloppy work.
      She is tearful and frustrated and tends to give up
      easily. Boy, it's hard to know what to do with her, I
      feel a bit tearful and frustrated myself. Thanks for
      the advice. I am still encouraging her to try!
    • anthony_qh49
      Message 846 of 846 , Jan 12, 2003
        --- In dyslexiaclub@yahoogroups.com, simonjames30 wrote:
        > Hi <br><br>This is a club for people who are
        > dyslexic or have family members who are dyslexic or just
        > have a general intrest in the area.<br><br>So encorage
        > as many people to join as possible and lets make
        > this one of the best clubs on the net<br><br>Simon

        God bless you