Color Text and Dyslexia

  • carjug
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 1, 2007
      IF YOU GO TO www.geocities.com/carjug YOU WILL FIND SOME POEMS AND ----
      --
      STORIES WRITTEN WITH A COLOR CODE. ALL THE VOWEL SOUNDS HAVE A COLOR,

      BLAH, BLAH, BLAH. -IT AIN'T THAT HARD TO FIGURE OUT.-

      THE COLORS MIGHT HELP PEOPLE WITH READING TROUBLE READ. PLEASE GIVE
      IT A

      GOOD HARD LOOK FOR AT LEAST 15 MINUTES.

      THE WEBSITE IS FAR FROM FINISHED. I NEED SOME CRITICISM AND YOU NEED

      HELP WITH READING ISSUES. GIVE ME A SHOUT AND TELL ME IF IT TRIPS YOUR

      TRIGGER, (OR NOT).

      I am not selling anything!!!!!!!!!
      carjug@...
    • Anne Marie Shotwell
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 1, 2007
        I will try it with my son, he is 9 dyslexic and mild ADD. He stresses
        really easily so I will let you know!

        Anne Marie

        carjug wrote:

        > IF YOU GO TO www.geocities.com/carjug YOU WILL FIND SOME POEMS AND ----
        > --
        > STORIES WRITTEN WITH A COLOR CODE. ALL THE VOWEL SOUNDS HAVE A COLOR,
        >
        > BLAH, BLAH, BLAH. -IT AIN'T THAT HARD TO FIGURE OUT.-
        >
        > THE COLORS MIGHT HELP PEOPLE WITH READING TROUBLE READ. PLEASE GIVE
        > IT A
        >
        > GOOD HARD LOOK FOR AT LEAST 15 MINUTES.
        >
        > THE WEBSITE IS FAR FROM FINISHED. I NEED SOME CRITICISM AND YOU NEED
        >
        > HELP WITH READING ISSUES. GIVE ME A SHOUT AND TELL ME IF IT TRIPS YOUR
        >
        > TRIGGER, (OR NOT).
        >
        > I am not selling anything!!!!!!!!!
        > carjug@... <mailto:carjug%40yahoo.com>

      • dolfrog
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 3, 2007
          Hi

          I like the idea of breaking down the words into colours.
          We at APDUK haver also been using multi co,oured text as a coping
          strategy for those who have phomological processing problems.
          Especially those who have Auditory Processing Disorder as their
          underlying cause of their dyslexia. We have taken adice from may
          adults who have APD and desisnged the whole APDUK web site
          http://www.apduk.org (those who have visual processing issues or
          visual impairments may find this stressful) to demonstrate the many
          diferent ways we APDs prefer text to be formatted to help us work
          around our dyslexic symptoms.

          best wishes

          dolfrog