Re: Not crawling, need leads on dyslexia research

  • don_nairn
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 7, 2003
      Hi People,
      Firstly I have no formal qualifications/expertise in dyslexia.
      Secondly anybody that can make a diagnosis without some form of
      examination is a crank.

      You are concerned about your 9-month-old child. As a parent I found
      one of the most difficult things to do was to accept that my child may
      not be an Olympic standard athlete or win a Nobel Prize. However this
      doesn't mean they will not have a full and happy life. People are
      different (even small people). At nine months old there will be plenty
      of things to worry about without worrying about problems that are not
      causing a disadvantage yet.

      I would think the most important think that children that age require
      is a loving home.

      Regards

      Don

      --- In dyslexiaclub@yahoogroups.com, Joan-Ellen & Lee Smith
      <jedlee@m...> wrote:
      > Hi, I'm new here and I have a troubling question. One I'm sure you
      all are
      > experts on.
    • Lisa
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 10, 2003
        Hi everyone,
        I have to agree with Don on this one even though I wrote that my two younger children crawled differently and were found to be dyslexic. My son crawled on his stomache at 5 months, my daughter scooted across the floor on her behind at 5 months. both my children were advanced in alot of area's like teeth at 41/2 months old, both sat up at 5 months, one walked at 10 months and the other at 8 months. My son talked late (2 yrs old) my daughter talked early (1yr) I am meaning sentences not single words. . Where my oldest son did everything at the normal stages. He however was talking sentences before 11 months but that was because he was around adults everyday.(that is what his doctor told me)
        I wouldn't worry to much about how a baby crawls...my niece never crawled and she is on the Dean's list 4 times this year.
        So what Don said I agree with too.

        <jedlee@m...> wrote:
        > Hi, I'm new here and I have a troubling question. One I'm sure you
        all are
        > experts on.

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.

        Have a nice day

        Image by FlamingText.com