I need advice

  • Angel <angel_j68@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 4, 2003
      Hello, I'm new to the group and am getting ready to start reading
      some of the messages but I thought I would go ahead and post first. I
      have a 9 year old daughter that has dyslexia and even though I can
      find plenty of places that test for it , I'm having a hard time
      finding someone to help her learn to read. Our school system here is
      pitiful and since they have tried to help it has done more harm than
      good. I want to get her extra help but not sure where to turn. Should
      I take a course and learn to teach her myself or try something like
      sylvan learning center? I just don't know. She is in 3rd grade and
      can only read at around a first grade level. If anyone can give me
      some advice please email me at angel_j68@...
      Thank you!