Starting over

  • n8jql
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 27, 2013
      Dave

      The last versions I have for Commander is 989 and for Dxkeeper is 1041.
      That was last summer. Then I went QRT until now and converted to
      Windows/7. Apparently, I've lost the install of that version of DxLab
      and the files have remained unused till now. I imagine you've moved on
      quite a bit from that point. Now I want to get "back in the shack",
      fire up my rig and get Dxlab up and running again.

      Question is, shall I try to reinstall or re download and install? I
      have very little in the old database: just my log of past QSOs and
      whatever I need to support what I've done with eQSL and LotW. I'm
      leaning towards doing the re-install and then copying relevant database
      files into the new install. That takes care of my big volume stuff;
      anything else (preferences, etc.) I can reenter into the new install.

      Before doing this I'd like to enlist your support in my procedure. What
      is the best approach/procedure for me, given the few things I wish to
      recover from the old install directories?

      Thanks,
      Jim
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 28, 2013
        Hello n8jql,

        Thursday, March 28, 2013, 10:35:59 AM, you wrote:
        n> quite a bit from that point. Now I want to get "back in the shack",
        n> fire up my rig and get Dxlab up and running again.

        There is DXsoft , not Dxlab ... :-)