Re: [dxsoft] SeaTTy and GMDSS mode

    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 1, 2013
      Hello C.,

      CvR> Hi all,

      CvR> I am using SeaTTy to decode GMDSS messages, but stations are only
      CvR> visible with codes.
      CvR> Is it possible to link a GMDSS station list to SEATTy or pipe data from
      CvR> SEATTy to an external program to get station names to the codes?

      External program can work with files created by SeaTTY,
      like NavtMsgs software does it to decode SYNOP messages:

      http://home.planet.nl/~hagem358/Navt_GB.htm

    • C. van Ravenswaaij
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 1, 2013
        Hi Allen,

        Thanks for your reply. This is what I see and I am looking for a way to
        get the codes (0022410780 and 2725540000) translated into names of ships
        and coaststations, without manually looking them up on the www or a
        database.

        73's, Cornel

        GMDSS DSC Message

        Format: Selective call to an individual station (120)
        To: 0022410780
        Category: Safety
        From: 2725540000
        Telecommand1: Test (118)
        Telecommand2: No information (126)
        Frequency1: Unknown
        Frequency2: Unknown
        EOS (Ack. RQ)

        Op 1-2-2013 14:54, Allen Woodruff schreef:
        > I have no problem using GDMSS on SeaTTY, when you see the message being
        > transmitted at the top, look for the day,month,year on the left hand
        > side. you should see a + by them. click the plus and you will see your
        > GDMSS messages. just click on the one you want to view and you will be
        > able to read the message that was transmitted. hope this helps.
        >
        > Allen

      • Allen Woodruff
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 1, 2013
          Ah ok I gotcha now, yea I'm not sure how to do that either without looking it up on the database. it would be a nice feature to be added to SeaTTY if it could give you all that info.

          From: 2725540000
          Telecommand1: Test (118)