Re: [dxsoft] SeaTTy and GMDSS mode

  • Allen Woodruff
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 1, 2013
      I have no problem using GDMSS on SeaTTY, when you see the message being transmitted at the top, look for the day,month,year on the left hand side. you should see a + by them. click the plus and you will see your GDMSS messages. just click on the one you want to view and you will be able to read the message that was transmitted. hope this helps.

      Allen

      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 1, 2013
        Hello C.,

        CvR> Hi all,

        CvR> I am using SeaTTy to decode GMDSS messages, but stations are only
        CvR> visible with codes.
        CvR> Is it possible to link a GMDSS station list to SEATTy or pipe data from
        CvR> SEATTy to an external program to get station names to the codes?

        External program can work with files created by SeaTTY,
        like NavtMsgs software does it to decode SYNOP messages:

        http://home.planet.nl/~hagem358/Navt_GB.htm

      • C. van Ravenswaaij
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 1, 2013
          Hi Allen,

          Thanks for your reply. This is what I see and I am looking for a way to
          get the codes (0022410780 and 2725540000) translated into names of ships
          and coaststations, without manually looking them up on the www or a
          database.

          73's, Cornel

          GMDSS DSC Message

          Format: Selective call to an individual station (120)
          To: 0022410780
          Category: Safety
          From: 2725540000
          Telecommand1: Test (118)
          Telecommand2: No information (126)
          Frequency1: Unknown
          Frequency2: Unknown
          EOS (Ack. RQ)

          Op 1-2-2013 14:54, Allen Woodruff schreef:
          > I have no problem using GDMSS on SeaTTY, when you see the message being
          > transmitted at the top, look for the day,month,year on the left hand
          > side. you should see a + by them. click the plus and you will see your
          > GDMSS messages. just click on the one you want to view and you will be
          > able to read the message that was transmitted. hope this helps.
          >
          > Allen

        • Allen Woodruff

            From: 2725540000
            Telecommand1: Test (118)