SeaTTY 2.36 is released

    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 6, 2012
      Hello All,

      I just have uploaded SeaTTY 2.36 to the main site and mirror:

      http://www.dxsoft.com/seatty.zip
      http://www.hamport.com/seatty.zip

      SeaTTY versions history

      V2.36
      1000 Hz deviation is supported in HF-FAX mode now.
      Minor bug with working frequency saving (if AFC is switched on) is fixed.
      V2.35
      Maximum number of RTTY/NAVTEX Station ID filter items is increased to 32.
      Filter for GMDSS DSC message format was made.
      Some minor improvements were made.
      V2.31
      The "Setup / Other / Start SAME message by 1050 Hz tone" option was made.
      V2.30
      More settings for spectrogram and oscillogram colors were made.
      V2.21
      Options for tuning auto start / auto stop parameters of FAX mode were made.
      See "Setup/FAX" page.
      V2.20
      Message filename shows time of message start, not time of message end now.
      The "Setup / Other / EOM timeout in SAME" option was made.
      A bug was fixed - a message with station ID in filename couldn't be really deleted by "Delete" command.
      "Auto start" and "Auto stop" procedures were slightly optimized in HF-FAX mode.
      V2.10
      "Setup / Other /Ignore EOM in SAME" option was made.
      It is useful if SAME system transmit EOM _before_ voice message.
      V2.0
      The documentation was updated.
      Some issues occurred under Windows Vista were fixed.
      Default working directory of software is located in "Application Data"
      ("ProgramData" under Vista) in place of "Program Files" now.
      V1.80
      GMDSS DSC (HF and VHF) messages decoding was made.
      [...]
    • Mats Höwing
      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 6, 2012
        Super! I've been waiting for the working frequency fix!
        /Mats

        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 16, 2012
          I am new to SeaTTY, so I loaded version 2.36. I am using if for recieving weather faxes on a SSB Radio.

          I'm having two issues, and I'd appreciate any advice. It's very likely that the root cause is user error.
          1) The fax has a horizontal shift every inch or two.
          2) Frequently the fax appears to start in the center of the screen, and then wrap around to the center of the screen. One symptom is that there is a black bar down the center of the screen.

          In case it's relevant, I was receiving the signal on a boat about 20 miles from the 4,000 watt transmitter.

          Any hints will be appreciated.
          Dan Marshall

          Message 4 of 10 , Oct 16, 2012
            Hello Dan,

            Wednesday, October 17, 2012, 2:13:53 AM, you wrote:

            D> I am new to SeaTTY, so I loaded version 2.36. I am using if for recieving weather faxes on a SSB Radio.

            D> I'm having two issues, and I'd appreciate any advice. It's very likely that the root cause is user error.
            D> 1) The fax has a horizontal shift every inch or two.

            It means that soundcard lost several buffers.

            It can be hardware or software problem.

            The most often reason is bad soundcard driver.

            Try to renew it...

            Another problem can be some software which eat too much processor time...

          • phil68954321
            Message 5 of 10 , Oct 16, 2012
              I am not sure what you mean by horizontal shift, maybe being so close to the transmitter can be an issue. There is a button in SeaTTY weather fax window to fix the black bar in the middle. You click the button then click the middle of the black bar to align the picture.
            • Riccardo Santi
              Message 6 of 10 , Oct 17, 2012
                all,

                attached the mean about horizoltal shift.

                This happen with receiver with USB connection too.

                IW2OGQ, Riccardo

                Message 7 of 10 , Oct 17, 2012
                  Hi,

                  I’ve been using SeaTTY for several yaers. Both for NAVTEX and WEFAX
                  simultaneously. Therefore I need two microphone inputs = two soundcards. I
                  am using, as the secondary soundcard, the Siberia USB soundcard which is
                  cheap and works fine!

                  Soo I would recommend you to try this Soundcard.

                  I tryed earlier a simpler one but had problems with the instability of the
                  sampling freq on that soundcard and my guess(!) is that you are suffering
                  from similar problems.

                  Good luck!

                  /Mats

                  _____

                  --- In dxsoft@yahoogroups.com <mailto:dxsoft%40yahoogroups.com> , Sergei
                  Podstrigailo <amx2@...> wrote:

                  > Hello All,
                  >
                  > I just have uploaded SeaTTY 2.36 to the main site and mirror:
                  >
                  > http://www.dxsoft.com/seatty.zip
                  > http://www.hamport.com/seatty.zip
                  >

                  > --
                  > Best regards,
                  > Sergei

                  > SeaTTY versions history
                  >
                  > V2.36
                  > 1000 Hz deviation is supported in HF-FAX mode now.
                  > Minor bug with working frequency saving (if AFC is switched on) is fixed.
                  > V2.35
                  > Maximum number of RTTY/NAVTEX Station ID filter items is increased to 32.
                  > Filter for GMDSS DSC message format was made.
                  > Some minor improvements were made.
                  > V2.31
                  > The "Setup / Other / Start SAME message by 1050 Hz tone" option was made.
                  > V2.30
                  > More settings for spectrogram and oscillogram colors were made.
                  > V2.21
                  > Options for tuning auto start / auto stop parameters of FAX mode were
                  made.
                  > See "Setup/FAX" page.
                  > V2.20
                  > Message filename shows time of message start, not time of message end now.
                  > The "Setup / Other / EOM timeout in SAME" option was made.
                  > A bug was fixed - a message with station ID in filename couldn't be really
                  deleted by "Delete" command.
                  > "Auto start" and "Auto stop" procedures were slightly optimized in HF-FAX
                  mode.
                  > V2.10
                  > "Setup / Other /Ignore EOM in SAME" option was made.
                  > It is useful if SAME system transmit EOM _before_ voice message.
                  > V2.0
                  > The documentation was updated.
                  > Some issues occurred under Windows Vista were fixed.
                  > Default working directory of software is located in "Application Data"
                  > ("ProgramData" under Vista) in place of "Program Files" now.
                  > V1.80
                  > GMDSS DSC (HF and VHF) messages decoding was made.
                  > [...]

                • Capt. John K. Profit
                  Message 8 of 10 , Oct 17, 2012
                    Hi Ed sorry I can’t go I already came.
                    John

                    Message 9 of 10 , Oct 18, 2012
                      Mats,
                      Thanks for your advice. I'll look into the Siberia Soundcard.
                      May I ask why you use NAVTEX and WEFAX simultaneously?
                      Dan M.

                      --- In dxsoft@yahoogroups.com, Mats Höwing <mats.howing@...> wrote:

                      > Hi,
                      >

                      > I've been using SeaTTY for several yaers. Both for NAVTEX and WEFAX
                      > simultaneously. Therefore I need two microphone inputs = two soundcards. I
                      > am using, as the secondary soundcard, the Siberia USB soundcard which is
                      > cheap and works fine!
                      >
                      > Soo I would recommend you to try this Soundcard.
                      >
                      > I tryed earlier a simpler one but had problems with the instability of the
                      > sampling freq on that soundcard and my guess(!) is that you are suffering
                      > from similar problems.
                      >
                      > Good luck!
                      >

                      > /Mats
                      >

                      > _____

                    • Mats Höwing
                      Message 10 of 10 , Oct 18, 2012
                        Iahve two different recievers. One NAVTEX reciever with fixed frequency and
                        one SSB radio for the rest, WEFAX and also RTTY, sometimes.

                        BR

                        /Mats

                        _____

                        --- In dxsoft@yahoogroups.com <mailto:dxsoft%40yahoogroups.com> , Mats