[dxsoft] SeaTTY spectrum center freq?

  • Mats Höwing
    Message 1 of 16 , Jun 2, 2012
      Hi Sergei!,

      It's a few years since you heared from me! I helped you with th eNAVTEX
      filters then... remember?
      I'm still running SeaTTy in my yacht for both NAVTEX and WEFAX (NASA Marine
      HF3P) and it works fine. So I'm happy customer!

      I have also a NAVTEX reciever at home, just for fun. That reciever delivers
      a center frequency of 1700 Hz.
      Everytime I start SeaTTy it starts with 1500Hz as centre in the spectrum
      display. I then just draws it to the right number, ad it works. But I would
      like you to store that value as a setup value, soo when I start Sea TTY it
      starts with the previous selected value. Is this a possible whish?

      BR

      /Mats H

      Message 2 of 16 , Jun 2, 2012
        Hello Mats,

        Saturday, June 2, 2012, 5:28:36 PM, you wrote:

        MH> Hi Sergei!,

        MH> It's a few years since you heared from me! I helped you with th eNAVTEX
        MH> filters then... remember?
        MH> I'm still running SeaTTy in my yacht for both NAVTEX and WEFAX (NASA Marine
        MH> HF3P) and it works fine. So I'm happy customer!

        MH> I have also a NAVTEX reciever at home, just for fun. That reciever delivers
        MH> a center frequency of 1700 Hz.
        MH> Everytime I start SeaTTy it starts with 1500Hz as centre in the spectrum
        MH> display. I then just draws it to the right number, ad it works. But I would
        MH> like you to store that value as a setup value, soo when I start Sea TTY it
        MH> starts with the previous selected value. Is this a possible whish?

        Just click "Setup", then "Save" ...

      • Mats Höwing
        Message 3 of 16 , Jun 2, 2012
          Sergei,
          I'm sorr but hat does not work, nor at may computer in th eboat or at home..
          Sometimes it seem to work, I hav etryde to stor ediffernt values now for
          about 10 times..
          Last try I set it to 2000 Hz, then "setup", "save","OK" , "Exit"
          Start again, the freeq was set to 1800HZ...

          Message 4 of 16 , Jun 2, 2012
            Hello Mats,

            Sunday, June 3, 2012, 12:14:00 AM, you wrote:

            MH> Sergei,
            MH> I'm sorr but hat does not work, nor at may computer in th eboat or at home..
            MH> Sometimes it seem to work, I hav etryde to stor ediffernt values now for
            MH> about 10 times..
            MH> Last try I set it to 2000 Hz, then "setup", "save","OK" , "Exit"
            MH> Start again, the freeq was set to 1800HZ...

            Hmm, may be AFC is switched on?

            MH> BR

            MH> /MAts

          • Mats Höwing
            Message 5 of 16 , Jun 2, 2012
              Sergei,

              Yes it is.... aha... guess what!?! It seems to work.. But, don't I need
              AFC?

              When using AFS there is 2 large and 2 small red bars... I thought the AFC
              values set the max differens for the large one from the small one, The small
              ones then set by user ....
              Can you describe this function?

              Message 6 of 16 , Jun 2, 2012
                Hello Mats,

                Sunday, June 3, 2012, 12:30:40 AM, you wrote:

                MH> Sergei,

                MH> Yes it is.... aha... guess what!?! It seems to work.. But, don't I need
                MH> AFC?

                MH> When using AFS there is 2 large and 2 small red bars... I thought the AFC
                MH> values set the max differens for the large one from the small one, The small
                MH> ones then set by user ....
                MH> Can you describe this function?

                Let's read help-file together:

                The "AFC" button (auto frequency control) adjusts the long red lines (working frequencies) to the
                closest peak frequencies. The numbers to the left of the AFC button determines the limits of AFC.
                The first number is local deviation in hertzs, i.e. maximal deviation from current frequency.
                Second number is global deviation in hertzs, i.e. maximal deviation from last user-selected
                frequency. User-selected frequencies are shown at spectrogram by short red lines .

              • Mats Höwing
                Message 7 of 16 , Jun 3, 2012
                  Sergei,

                  Ok, The it is working as thought. Shouldn't the short red lines stick to my
                  choosen freq? They are not when AFC is selected.

                  When AFC is not selected I only have the long lines. In this case the freeq
                  is stored correctly.

                  Message 8 of 16 , Jun 3, 2012
                    Hello Mats,

                    Sunday, June 3, 2012, 3:09:15 PM, you wrote:

                    MH> Sergei,

                    MH> Ok, The it is working as thought. Shouldn't the short red lines stick to my
                    MH> choosen freq? They are not when AFC is selected.

                    Yes, SeaTTY saves current freqs (big lines) , not selected freqs (short lines).
                    May be should be fixed ...

                    MH> When AFC is not selected I only have the long lines. In this case the freeq
                    MH> is stored correctly.

                    MH> BR

                    MH> /Mats

                  • Mats Höwing
                    Message 9 of 16 , Jun 3, 2012
                      Yupp, That's what I would like!

                      You see, since I'm using the computer for NAVTEX in my sailing boat there is
                      an issue with the current consumtion onboard since I'm only have power from
                      batteries when the engine is not running.

                      Early morning when I am asleep I have in the BIOS set an auotistart to start
                      the computer automatically at 7.15 am (5 min before Grimeton Transmission),
                      Then, an autostart on the SeaTTY in XP, half an hour late a "shut down" It
                      works well. But if the freq is not correct I will have no messages
                      recieved...

                      Soo, if you could fix this I would be happy. I have in fact noticed this
                      since the beginning...

                    • Mats Höwing
                      Message 10 of 16 , Jun 5, 2012
                        Sergei,
                        Any plan to change? I have figured out that AFC is needed when signals are
                        weak. So it would be preferable to save the "small "line values..

                        What do you think?

                        Message 11 of 16 , Jun 5, 2012
                          Hello Mats,

                          Wednesday, June 6, 2012, 4:02:06 AM, you wrote:

                          MH> Sergei,
                          MH> Any plan to change? I have figured out that AFC is needed when signals are
                          MH> weak. So it would be preferable to save the "small "line values..

                          MH> What do you think?

                          On another hand,
                          if you click Setup/Save when SeaTTY is tuned to stantion,
                          central freq will saved as freq of this stantion...

                          What is reason to save shifted frequency?

                        • Mats Höwing
                          Message 12 of 16 , Jun 6, 2012
                            The centre freq should of course be saved but the problem is that th ewrong
                            centre freq is save according to my opinion.
                            Soo, if i listen to Navtex whith 1700 HZ as centre freq, the AFC may change
                            this freq to 1650 as tuned freq. Specially if no transmission is ongoing...
                            If I quit at this point next time I start the centre freq will be 1650.
                            Navtex transmittes in about 4 h interval, so it means in between with AFC
                            selected the "long lines" will "work" a lot and this swill cause a drift of
                            the centre freq from time to time .

                            I I selcct 1700 by clicking on th efreq scale I woul like this freq to be
                            selected next time as center freq as well.

                            Am I wrong?

                            Message 13 of 16 , Jun 6, 2012
                              Hello Mats,

                              MH> The centre freq should of course be saved but the problem is that th ewrong
                              MH> centre freq is save according to my opinion.
                              MH> Soo, if i listen to Navtex whith 1700 HZ as centre freq, the AFC may change
                              MH> this freq to 1650 as tuned freq. Specially if no transmission is ongoing...
                              MH> If I quit at this point next time I start the centre freq will be 1650.
                              MH> Navtex transmittes in about 4 h interval, so it means in between with AFC
                              MH> selected the "long lines" will "work" a lot and this swill cause a drift of
                              MH> the centre freq from time to time .

                              MH> I I selcct 1700 by clicking on th efreq scale I woul like this freq to be
                              MH> selected next time as center freq as well.

                              MH> Am I wrong?

                              You are right.
                              Will be fixed in future version.

                              I just suggest you workaround - click "Save" when signal _is_ present ...

                            • Mats Höwing
                              Message 14 of 16 , Jun 6, 2012
                                Jupp, or switch AFC off before saving. The problem remains when I auto
                                starts and auto shut offs the computer..

                                Looking forward to a new release!
                                As you knoe I have used SeaTTY for some years now and
                                I am very pleased with!

                                BR

                                /MAts