Automatic Update of eQSL/LoTW fields

  • lu7hz
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 1, 2012
      Hello,

      Hope everybody had a wonderful HNY eve with their beloved ones.

      I've a semiautomated process to upload my activity into eQSL, send it to my QSL manager and also create signed records for LoTW.

      My first question would be if there is a way to create an export in ADIF format just by invoking AALog with certain parameters from the command line (this is, not doing it manually).

      My second question would be if there is a way to update the content of the eQSL/LoTW flags both received and sent thru some external mean; as an example loading an ADIF file with just that information changed to be updated at the main database.

      My third question is of a more general nature, is there any documented way to access the underlying database used by AALog by an external program (assumed using the right libraries and interfaces to do so); what is the RDBMS engine used by AALog, is there any information about the data design?

      73 de Pedro LU7HZ
    • lu7hz
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 6, 2012
        Hello,

        Any insight into this matter?

        TU de Pedro LU7HZ

        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 6, 2012
          Hello, lu7hz!
          02.01.2012 3:33, lu7hz пишет:

          > My first question would be if there is a way to create an export in ADIF
          > format just by invoking AALog with certain parameters from the command
          > line (this is, not doing it manually).
          No such feature

          > My second question would be if there is a way to update the content of
          > the eQSL/LoTW flags both received and sent thru some external mean; as
          > an example loading an ADIF file with just that information changed to be
          > updated at the main database.
          Yes. AALog has UPDATE mode for import. If call/date/timeband/ is the
          same it update QSO with data from the imported file.

          > My third question is of a more general nature, is there any documented
          > way to access the underlying database used by AALog by an external
          > program (assumed using the right libraries and interfaces to do so);
          > what is the RDBMS engine used by AALog, is there any information about
          > the data design?
          AALog use embedded version of Firebird 2.*. It allow single connection
          to database. You can install full version of Firebird for multiply
          connection to aalog.gdb in the same time

          --
          Best regards
          Alexander