TrueTTY.ini file

  • wgtayloruk
    Message 1 of 13 , Oct 7, 2011
      Hi All,

      Since upgrading to a new PC with Windows 7 Pro & re-installing TrueTTY I cannot find the truetty.ini file. I have downloaded & installed the latest version of Truetty (v2.85 ) but I cannot find the ini file. An in depth search of the PC's hard disc drive has found nothing, therefore I do not appear to have any settings saved.

      How can I restore the file?

      73,

      Gary - G4WGT.
    • Dan Schaaf
      Message 2 of 13 , Oct 7, 2011
        Gary
        Thanks to Bill Gates

        It is best to install software in Windows 7, not in the Program Files, but in a separate directory on C: such as C:/Ham Radio or similar.
        The the ini file will be available.

        Best Regards
        Dan Schaaf
        K3ZXL www.k3zxl.com
        NOBSKA www.nobska.net
        Cape Cod Instruments www.gnm-inc.com
        Tel: 941-766-0706
        Fax: 941-766-0707

        Message 3 of 13 , Oct 7, 2011
          Hi Dan,

          Thanks for the info, I do already install in a different folder from
          "Program Files".

          I have in fact found the truetty.ini file after a lot of trials &
          tribulations today. It was residing in a hidden folder which is usually seen
          in previous Windows versions :-

          C:\Documents and Settings\all users\Application Data\Truetty

          If you type that into the "Windows Explorer" address bar it will take you to
          the folder, if you want to regularly go there it is possible to create a
          short-cut to the folder on the Desktop.

          I hope this will help others who get "Bugged" with W7.

          73 de Gary - G4WGT.

          On 7 October 2011 19:55, Dan Schaaf <dan-schaaf@...> wrote:

          > **
          >

          > Gary
          > Thanks to Bill Gates
          >
          > It is best to install software in Windows 7, not in the Program Files, but
          > in a separate directory on C: such as C:/Ham Radio or similar.
          > The the ini file will be available.
          >
          > Best Regards
          > Dan Schaaf
          > K3ZXL www.k3zxl.com
          > NOBSKA www.nobska.net
          > Cape Cod Instruments www.gnm-inc.com
          > Tel: 941-766-0706
          > Fax: 941-766-0707

        • Bill Aycock
          Message 4 of 13 , Oct 7, 2011
            You DO have a back-up, don't you?
            Bill--W4BSG

            Message 5 of 13 , Oct 7, 2011
              TRUETTY.INI is located in a working directory of software, which is defined by "Start In" property of TrueTTY shortcut.
              By default it is something like "Application Data\All Users\TrueTTY".
              Take to attention, that "All Users" is hidden folder...

            • W G Taylor
              Message 6 of 13 , Oct 8, 2011
                Hi Sergei,

                Thank you for your help, all is OK now.

                73, Gary - G4WGT.

                2011/10/8 Sergei Podstrigailo <amx2@...>

                > TRUETTY.INI is located in a working directory of software, which is defined
                > by "Start In" property of TrueTTY shortcut.
                > By default it is something like "Application Data\All Users\TrueTTY".
                > Take to attention, that "All Users" is hidden folder...

              • W G Taylor
                Message 7 of 13 , Oct 8, 2011
                  Hi Bill,

                  Yes, I do have backup. I got some feedback from Sergei & have got the
                  problem sorted.

                  Thanks.

                  73, Gary - G4WGT.

                  On 7 October 2011 22:43, Bill Aycock <billaycock@...> wrote:

                  > **
                  >

                  > You DO have a back-up, don't you?
                  > Bill--W4BSG

                • Bill Aycock
                  Message 8 of 13 , Oct 8, 2011
                    Very good!
                    Bill--W4BSG

                    > Yes, I do have backup. I got some feedback from Sergei & have got the
                    > problem sorted.
                    >
                    > Thanks.
                    >
                    > 73, Gary - G4WGT.
                    >

                    > On 7 October 2011 22:43, Bill Aycock <billaycock@...> wrote:
                    >
                    >> **
                    >>

                    >> You DO have a back-up, don't you?
                    >> Bill--W4BSG

                  • Dan Schaaf
                    Message 9 of 13 , Oct 10, 2011
                      Dear Sergei
                      AALog 3 is not sending the correct 60 meter data to Bandmaster.
                      As a result, if I log a QSO on 60 meters, Bandmaster cluster spot stays in
                      RED.
                      This has been a problem for a long time.
                      Can you please fix it.

                      Best Regards
                      Dan Schaaf
                      K3ZXL www.k3zxl.com
                      Message 10 of 13 , Oct 20, 2011
                        Hello, Dan!

                        BM does not support 60m as other band.

                        Are you have worked this country ONLY on 60 meters? And it RED for all
                        other bands? Or it still RED in 60 meters segment only?

                        Best regards
                        Alexander Anipkin
                        aia@...

                        --
                        Best regards
                        Alexander
                        Message 11 of 13 , Oct 20, 2011
                          Red for 60 meters only
                          Alex of Bandmaster tells me that Bandmaster takes data from AALog and
                          displays it correctly, so I think that AALog is not sending correct data to
                          bandmaster

                          Best Regards
                          Dan Schaaf
                          K3ZXL www.k3zxl.com
                          NOBSKA www.nobska.net
                          Cape Cod Instruments www.gnm-inc.com
                          Tel: 941-766-0706
                          Fax: 941-766-0707

                          > Are you have worked this country ONLY on 60 meters? And it RED for all
                          > other bands? Or it still RED in 60 meters segment only?
                          >

                          > Best regards
                          > Alexander Anipkin
                          > aia@...
                          >

                          > 10.10.2011 16:32, Dan Schaaf пишет:
                          >> Dear Sergei
                          >> AALog 3 is not sending the correct 60 meter data to Bandmaster.
                          >> As a result, if I log a QSO on 60 meters, Bandmaster cluster spot stays
                          >> in
                          >> RED.
                          >> This has been a problem for a long time.
                          >> Can you please fix it.
                          >

                          > --
                          > Best regards
                          > Alexander

                        • Dan Schaaf
                          Message 12 of 13 , Oct 20, 2011
                            Alexander
                            Bandmaster has a Bandsplan.ini file. I have the 60 meter band set up in that
                            ini file. 50.250 to 50.500 SSB

                            Message 13 of 13 , Oct 20, 2011
                              Hello, Dan!

                              Anyway BandMaster send this band to AALog as 'OutOfBand'.

                              Best regards
                              Alexander Anipkin
                              aia@...

                              20.10.2011 20:47, Dan Schaaf пишет:
                              > Alexander
                              > Bandmaster has a Bandsplan.ini file. I have the 60 meter band set up in that
                              > ini file. 50.250 to 50.500 SSB
                              >
                              > Best Regards
                              > Dan Schaaf
                              > K3ZXL www.k3zxl.com