aalog3 and LoTW

  • Sam Garbo
    Message 1 of 13 , Dec 8, 2010
      Hi group -
      Can anyone give me step by step instruction on what to do to download LoTW
      confirmations to aalog3?
      I'm not a computer whiz and need the "LoTW QSL download for Dummies"!!
      (I've studied the help files and just don't get it)
      Thanks and 73, Sam K0VGB

      Message 2 of 13 , Dec 9, 2010
        Hello Sam,

        Thursday, December 9, 2010 , you wrote to me:

        SG> Can anyone give me step by step instruction on what to do to download LoTW
        SG> confirmations to aalog3?
        SG> I'm not a computer whiz and need the "LoTW QSL download for Dummies"!!
        SG> (I've studied the help files and just don't get it)

        You can find info in the help file:

        Use File-Import option

        When you import LoTW reports or eQSL.cc confirmation file AALog set
        mark for confirmed contacts in special fields. AALog can download data
        directly from LoTW and eQSL.cc websites if you wish. You can import
        previously downloaded file too.

        Dialog box for LoTW:
        'Callsign' - call sign (login) used in LoTW (AALog uses current log call sign)
        'Password' - your private password to access LoTW
        'Save password' - mark this checkbox to remember LoTW password
        'Uploaded after' - download confirmations uploaded from this date (AALog sets this value for current date/time after the data of loading)
        'Status' - current state of LoTW data exchange process

        Best regards,
        Alexander mailto:aia@...
      • Dan Schaaf
        Message 3 of 13 , Dec 9, 2010
          Dear Alexander

          I followed your instructions.
          Then I went to Awards manager and I see LOTW sent but not LOTW received

          Dan Schaaf

          ==================================
          K3ZXL www.k3zxl.com
          Cape Cod Instruments www.gnm-inc.com
          NOBSKA www.nobska.net
          ==================================

          > Thursday, December 9, 2010 , you wrote to me:
          >
          > SG> Can anyone give me step by step instruction on what to do to download
          > LoTW
          > SG> confirmations to aalog3?
          > SG> I'm not a computer whiz and need the "LoTW QSL download for Dummies"!!
          > SG> (I've studied the help files and just don't get it)
          >
          > You can find info in the help file:
          >
          > Use File-Import option
          >
          > When you import LoTW reports or eQSL.cc confirmation file AALog set
          > mark for confirmed contacts in special fields. AALog can download data
          > directly from LoTW and eQSL.cc websites if you wish. You can import
          > previously downloaded file too.
          >
          > Dialog box for LoTW:
          > 'Callsign' - call sign (login) used in LoTW (AALog uses current log call
          > sign)
          > 'Password' - your private password to access LoTW
          > 'Save password' - mark this checkbox to remember LoTW password
          > 'Uploaded after' - download confirmations uploaded from this date (AALog
          > sets this value for current date/time after the data of loading)
          > 'Status' - current state of LoTW data exchange process
          >

          > Best regards,
          > Alexander mailto:aia@...

        • Dan Schaaf
          Message 4 of 13 , Dec 10, 2010
            Alexander

            Is it necessary to save the LOTW downloaded file and then IMPORT to the LOTW
            log ?
            Or is it done automatically?
            I tried your instructions and I show in my AALog 3 LOTW Awards Manager that
            only QSLs were sent, not received. Color is still Orange on each QSO in
            Awards Tracker.

            What did I do wrong?

            Dan Schaaf

            ==================================

            Message 5 of 13 , Dec 10, 2010
              Hello Dan,

              Friday, December 10, 2010 , you wrote to me:

              DS> Alexander

              DS> Is it necessary to save the LOTW downloaded file and then IMPORT to the LOTW
              DS> log ?
              DS> Or is it done automatically?
              DS> I tried your instructions and I show in my AALog 3 LOTW Awards Manager that
              DS> only QSLs were sent, not received. Color is still Orange on each QSO in
              DS> Awards Tracker.

              DS> What did I do wrong?

              Please check your report file in the aalog folder. Is it contain data?

              Best regards,
              Alexander mailto:aia@...
            • Dan Schaaf
              Message 6 of 13 , Dec 10, 2010
                I do not see a file named Report.
                I do not see a file extension named .rpt

                Dan Schaaf

                ==================================
                K3ZXL www.k3zxl.com
                Cape Cod Instruments www.gnm-inc.com
                NOBSKA www.nobska.net
                ==================================

                > Friday, December 10, 2010 , you wrote to me:
                >
                > DS> Alexander
                >
                > DS> Is it necessary to save the LOTW downloaded file and then IMPORT to
                > the LOTW
                > DS> log ?
                > DS> Or is it done automatically?
                > DS> I tried your instructions and I show in my AALog 3 LOTW Awards Manager
                > that
                > DS> only QSLs were sent, not received. Color is still Orange on each QSO
                > in
                > DS> Awards Tracker.
                >
                > DS> What did I do wrong?
                >
                > Please check your report file in the aalog folder. Is it contain data?
                >

                > Best regards,
                > Alexander mailto:aia@...

              • Dan Schaaf
                Message 7 of 13 , Dec 11, 2010
                  Dear Alexander

                  I cannot find a REPORT file or any file with extension .rpt

                  Best Regards
                  Dan Schaaf
                  NOBSKA www.nobska.net
                  Cape Cod Instruments www.gnm-inc.com
                  Tel: 941-766-0706
                  Fax: 941-766-0707
                  > Friday, December 10, 2010 , you wrote to me:
                  >
                  > DS> Alexander
                  >
                  > DS> Is it necessary to save the LOTW downloaded file and then IMPORT to
                  > the LOTW
                  > DS> log ?
                  > DS> Or is it done automatically?
                  > DS> I tried your instructions and I show in my AALog 3 LOTW Awards Manager
                  > that
                  > DS> only QSLs were sent, not received. Color is still Orange on each QSO
                  > in
                  > DS> Awards Tracker.
                  >
                  > DS> What did I do wrong?
                  >
                  > Please check your report file in the aalog folder. Is it contain data?
                  >

                  > Best regards,
                  > Alexander mailto:aia@...

                • Erik Nielsen
                  Message 8 of 13 , Dec 11, 2010
                    Hi Dan

                    I was looking in my AALog folder and found the name 'lotwreport.tmp' as the
                    file downloaded from LOTW

                    Regards
                    OZ1KKH - Erik

                    2010/12/11 Dan Schaaf <dan-schaaf@...>

                    > Dear Alexander
                    >
                    > I cannot find a REPORT file or any file with extension .rpt
                    >
                    > Best Regards
                    > Dan Schaaf
                    > NOBSKA www.nobska.net
                    > Cape Cod Instruments www.gnm-inc.com
                    > Tel: 941-766-0706
                    > Fax: 941-766-0707

                    Best Regards / Med venlig hilsen
                    OZ1KKH - Erik Nielsen
                    oz1kkh@...

                  • Dan Schaaf
                    Message 9 of 13 , Dec 12, 2010
                      Hi Erik

                      Thanks. I made a copy of this file to desktop, changed ,tmp to .txt and opened it. Here is what I see:

                      ARRL Logbook of the World Status Report
                      Generated at 2010-12-11 18:11:01
                      for k3zxl
                      Query:
                      OWNCALL: K3ZXL
                      QSL ONLY: YES
                      QSL SINCE: 2010-12-11 00:00:00

                      <PROGRAMID:4>LoTW
                      <APP_LoTW_LASTQSL:19>2010-12-09 18:02:39

                      <APP_LoTW_NUMREC:1>0

                      <eoh>

                      <APP_LoTW_EOF>

                      I see no LOTW data.

                      Dan Schaaf

                      ==================================

                      Message 10 of 13 , Dec 12, 2010
                        Hello Dan,

                        Sunday, December 12, 2010 , you wrote to me:

                        Look like you do not select first date for your report.

                        DS> Hi Erik

                        DS> Thanks. I made a copy of this file to desktop, changed ,tmp
                        DS> to .txt and opened it. Here is what I see:

                        DS> ARRL Logbook of the World Status Report
                        DS> Generated at 2010-12-11 18:11:01
                        DS> for k3zxl
                        DS> Query:
                        DS> OWNCALL: K3ZXL
                        DS> QSL ONLY: YES
                        DS> QSL SINCE: 2010-12-11 00:00:00

                        DS> <PROGRAMID:4>LoTW
                        DS> <APP_LoTW_LASTQSL:19>2010-12-09 18:02:39

                        DS> <APP_LoTW_NUMREC:1>0

                        DS> <eoh>

                        DS> <APP_LoTW_EOF>

                        DS> I see no LOTW data.

                        Best regards,
                        Alexander mailto:aia@...
                      • Dan Schaaf
                        Message 11 of 13 , Dec 12, 2010
                          Dear Alexander, I did select the correct date but something went wrong. I
                          will try again.

                          Dan Schaaf

                          ==================================
                          K3ZXL www.k3zxl.com
                          Cape Cod Instruments www.gnm-inc.com
                          NOBSKA www.nobska.net
                          ==================================

                          > Sunday, December 12, 2010 , you wrote to me:
                          >
                          > Look like you do not select first date for your report.
                          >
                          > DS> Hi Erik
                          >
                          > DS> Thanks. I made a copy of this file to desktop, changed ,tmp
                          > DS> to .txt and opened it. Here is what I see:
                          >
                          > DS> ARRL Logbook of the World Status Report
                          > DS> Generated at 2010-12-11 18:11:01
                          > DS> for k3zxl
                          > DS> Query:
                          > DS> OWNCALL: K3ZXL
                          > DS> QSL ONLY: YES
                          > DS> QSL SINCE: 2010-12-11 00:00:00
                          >
                          > DS> <PROGRAMID:4>LoTW
                          > DS> <APP_LoTW_LASTQSL:19>2010-12-09 18:02:39
                          >
                          > DS> <APP_LoTW_NUMREC:1>0
                          >
                          > DS> <eoh>
                          >
                          > DS> <APP_LoTW_EOF>
                          >
                          > DS> I see no LOTW data.
                          >

                          > Best regards,
                          > Alexander mailto:aia@...

                        • Dan Schaaf
                          Message 12 of 13 , Dec 12, 2010
                            Dear Alex

                            OK,
                            it works now. I got error message many times " Save Data Error" when
                            updating Awards Statistics.
                            I do not understand " Save Data Error".
                            Then I go to Award Statistics Window and I see that the LOTW Icon is not on
                            the QSO which is flagged as "Save Data Error"
                            What is this mean ?

                            Dan Schaaf

                            ==================================
                            K3ZXL www.k3zxl.com
                            Cape Cod Instruments www.gnm-inc.com
                            NOBSKA www.nobska.net
                            ==================================

                            > Sunday, December 12, 2010 , you wrote to me:
                            >
                            > Look like you do not select first date for your report.
                            >
                            > DS> Hi Erik
                            >
                            > DS> Thanks. I made a copy of this file to desktop, changed ,tmp
                            > DS> to .txt and opened it. Here is what I see:
                            >
                            > DS> ARRL Logbook of the World Status Report
                            > DS> Generated at 2010-12-11 18:11:01
                            > DS> for k3zxl
                            > DS> Query:
                            > DS> OWNCALL: K3ZXL
                            > DS> QSL ONLY: YES
                            > DS> QSL SINCE: 2010-12-11 00:00:00
                            >
                            > DS> <PROGRAMID:4>LoTW
                            > DS> <APP_LoTW_LASTQSL:19>2010-12-09 18:02:39
                            >
                            > DS> <APP_LoTW_NUMREC:1>0
                            >
                            > DS> <eoh>
                            >
                            > DS> <APP_LoTW_EOF>
                            >
                            > DS> I see no LOTW data.
                            >

                            > Best regards,
                            > Alexander mailto:aia@...

                          • Erik Nielsen
                            Message 13 of 13 , Dec 12, 2010
                              Hi Dan

                              I can see from your data that you need to specify an earlier date than
                              today's date when you fetch the data from LoTW.
                              In the dialog box there are a possibility to set a date in the field
                              'Uploaded after'.
                              I think you must set this to the earliest date in you log to be sure all
                              possible confirmations are retrieved from LoTW.
                              When you then download the next time as I recall then the date from last
                              download is remembered.

                              Good luck with the experiments :-))
                              Vy 73 de OZ1KKH - Erik