Re: [dxsoft] AAlog 3 Build 1128 URGENT URGENT URGENT

  • Dan Schaaf
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 3, 2009
      Dear Alexander.

      My HDD C: crashed when the motherboard failed.
      Only Windows XP was damaged. The files on C: are still OK.
      I replaced the Motherboard and moved bad C: to D: position
      Then I installed NEW C: and installed Win XP

      Now, what is the best way to re-install AALog 3 v1128 and then move AALOG.GDB from D: to C:

      Should I do a completely new install on v1128?
      Then just copy all files over from D to C ???

      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 3, 2009
        Hello Dan,

        Thursday, December 3, 2009 , you wrote to me:

        Installing is not necessary for AALog 3.
        You can run AAlog from ANY PLACE. AALog search aalog.gdb in the folder
        from it started.

        DS> Dear Alexander.

        DS> My HDD C: crashed when the motherboard failed.
        DS> Only Windows XP was damaged. The files on C: are still OK.
        DS> I replaced the Motherboard and moved bad C: to D: position
        DS> Then I installed NEW C: and installed Win XP

        DS> Now, what is the best way to re-install AALog 3 v1128 and
        DS> then move AALOG.GDB from D: to C:

        DS> Should I do a completely new install on v1128?
        DS> Then just copy all files over from D to C ???

        Best regards,
        Alexander mailto:aia@...
      • Dan Schaaf
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 6, 2009
          Dear Alexander.

          I think that either the AALog.GDB or maybe the .INI file is corrupted.

          The computer automatically shuts down at different times, sometimes when
          AALog is loading, sometimes in the middle of operation, sometimes later.

          This PC shutdown and restart only happens when I run AALog, NOT in other
          software.

          PLEASE HELP ME !!! CAN YOU EXAMINE MY AALOG.GDB for some kind of ewrror? Or
          the INI file?

          Best Regards
          Dan Schaaf
          NOBSKA www.nobska.net
          Cape Cod Instruments www.gnm-inc.com
          Tel: 941-766-0706
          Fax: 941-766-0707
          > Thursday, December 3, 2009 , you wrote to me:
          >
          > Installing is not necessary for AALog 3.
          > You can run AAlog from ANY PLACE. AALog search aalog.gdb in the folder
          > from it started.
          >
          > DS> Dear Alexander.
          >
          > DS> My HDD C: crashed when the motherboard failed.
          > DS> Only Windows XP was damaged. The files on C: are still OK.
          > DS> I replaced the Motherboard and moved bad C: to D: position
          > DS> Then I installed NEW C: and installed Win XP
          >
          > DS> Now, what is the best way to re-install AALog 3 v1128 and
          > DS> then move AALOG.GDB from D: to C:
          >
          > DS> Should I do a completely new install on v1128?
          > DS> Then just copy all files over from D to C ???

        • Dan Schaaf
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 7, 2009
            Dear Alexander,

            I have done a Full Install of AALog3 v1128 on the new HDD C:
            I set the Config/Options/External Programs as follows:
            Use CWType ( When Relevant Mode is selected )
            Use True TTY ( When Relevant Mode is selected )

            When I start AAlog3 sometimes it loads OK, sometimes when loading, it will
            shut down the PC and reboot automatically.
            Sometimes it loads OK, but some minutes or 1 hour later, the PC shuts down
            and re-boots automatically.

            NOW, I changed as follows:
            I set the Config/Options/External Programs as follows:
            DO NOT Use CWType ( I will start it manually) box unchecked
            DO NOT Use True TTY ( I will start it manually) box unchecked

            Now AALog3 is OK.
            PC does not sut down and reboot.
            I can manually select CW Type or TrueTTY and no problems.

            Only one software can be run and the other closed ( CWType or TrueTTY, not
            both)

            The attacjed files are pictures of the setup in CWType and TrueTTY.

            Do these look correct?
            Is there some kind of special Windows setup for COM1 port in Windows XP ???