DXCC anomaly

  • Paul Beringer
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 2, 2009
      When entering a call in the log entry dialogue, there is a notice at the
      bottom of the box which shows if the call/entity is needed for different
      awards. It is a very handy thing. However, I noticed that it doesn't seem to
      always be accurate. I have worked LU5OM on many bands and he uses LOTW. All
      the contacts are confirmed thru LOTW. I heard him the other day on 17M and
      entered the call and the noticed that the message at the bottom showed that
      he was not confirmed on 17M. I brought up the previous contacts window and
      it clearly shows that I have him confirmed thru LOTW. I was using CW and the
      mode field showed CW. The band field was 17M. I use radio control for these
      fields.
      I need to be able to trust what AAlog tells me about my DXCC band/mode
      status regarding entities. This discrepancy is very disturbing.
      73 Paul NG7Z
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 3, 2009
        Hello Paul,

        Tuesday, November 3, 2009, you wrote to me:

        Is AALog show it as new DXCC? AALog can show it as new one for another
        award. But in compact view AALog do not display award name. Please
        check

        PB> When entering a call in the log entry dialogue, there is a notice at the
        PB> bottom of the box which shows if the call/entity is needed for different
        PB> awards. It is a very handy thing. However, I noticed that it doesn't seem to
        PB> always be accurate. I have worked LU5OM on many bands and he uses LOTW. All
        PB> the contacts are confirmed thru LOTW. I heard him the other day on 17M and
        PB> entered the call and the noticed that the message at the bottom showed that
        PB> he was not confirmed on 17M. I brought up the previous contacts window and
        PB> it clearly shows that I have him confirmed thru LOTW. I was using CW and the
        PB> mode field showed CW. The band field was 17M. I use radio control for these
        PB> fields.
        PB> I need to be able to trust what AAlog tells me about my DXCC band/mode
        PB> status regarding entities. This discrepancy is very disturbing.
        PB> 73 Paul NG7Z

        Best regards,
        Alexander mailto:aia@...
      • ng7z
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 4, 2009
          It shows as "Not CFM DXCC (Band)" In fact, LU is confirmed via LOTW as shown in the awards manager.

          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 4, 2009
            Hello ng7z,

            Wednesday, November 4, 2009 , you wrote to me:

            n>

            n> It shows as "Not CFM DXCC (Band)" In fact, LU is confirmed via
            n> LOTW as shown in the awards manager.

            I think problem is LoTW confirmation. Will check

            n> --- In dxsoft@yahoogroups.com, Alexander Anipkin <aalog@...> wrote:

            >> Hello Paul,
            >>
            >> Tuesday, November 3, 2009, you wrote to me:
            >>
            >> Is AALog show it as new DXCC? AALog can show it as new one for another
            >> award. But in compact view AALog do not display award name. Please
            >> check
            >>

            >> PB> When entering a call in the log entry dialogue, there is a notice at the
            >> PB> bottom of the box which shows if the call/entity is needed for different
            >> PB> awards. It is a very handy thing. However, I noticed that it doesn't seem to
            >> PB> always be accurate. I have worked LU5OM on many bands and he uses LOTW. All
            >> PB> the contacts are confirmed thru LOTW. I heard him the other day on 17M and
            >> PB> entered the call and the noticed that the message at the bottom showed that
            >> PB> he was not confirmed on 17M. I brought up the previous contacts window and
            >> PB> it clearly shows that I have him confirmed thru LOTW. I was using CW and the
            >> PB> mode field showed CW. The band field was 17M. I use radio control for these
            >> PB> fields.
            >> PB> I need to be able to trust what AAlog tells me about my DXCC band/mode
            >> PB> status regarding entities. This discrepancy is very disturbing.
            >> PB> 73 Paul NG7Z
            >>

            >> Best regards,
            >> Alexander mailto:aia@...

            n>