QSL service problem

  • Paul Beringer
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 7 10:51 PM
      I am using 2.47. While doing some qsling chores, I did a filter on all
      records where the callsigns are in queue. The filter came in with 253 in
      queue. But when I go to the menu item Tools-QSL Service, there are only a
      few in the queue. What's going on?

      Paul NG7Z

      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 8 4:53 AM
        Hello Paul,

        Sunday, March 8, 2009 , you wrote to me:

        in 2.47 print service use another database. If you remove data from it
        before you change status to "Sent" then in the main database status of
        contacts will not change.

        3.0 has not this problem.

        PB> I am using 2.47. While doing some qsling chores, I did a filter on all
        PB> records where the callsigns are in queue. The filter came in with 253 in
        PB> queue. But when I go to the menu item Tools-QSL Service, there are only a
        PB> few in the queue. What's going on?

        PB> Paul NG7Z

        PB> .

        Best regards,
        Alexander mailto:aia@...
      • Paul Beringer
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 8 6:22 PM
          Ok....assume I wish to upgrade to version 3.0. How do I ensure that I don't loose the 253 "in queue" contacts?

          --- In dxsoft@yahoogroups.com, Alexander Anipkin <aalog@...> wrote:

          > Hello Paul,
          >
          > Sunday, March 8, 2009 , you wrote to me:
          >
          > in 2.47 print service use another database. If you remove data from it
          > before you change status to "Sent" then in the main database status of
          > contacts will not change.
          >
          > 3.0 has not this problem.
          >
          > PB> I am using 2.47. While doing some qsling chores, I did a filter on all
          > PB> records where the callsigns are in queue. The filter came in with 253 in
          > PB> queue. But when I go to the menu item Tools-QSL Service, there are only a
          > PB> few in the queue. What's going on?
          >
          > PB> Paul NG7Z
          >

          > PB> .
          >

          > Best regards,
          > Alexander mailto:aia@...

        • Paul Beringer
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 17 8:58 AM
            I haven't heard anything back on my previous post below. So I upgraded anyway and found that all of the "in queue" contacts came thru fine. Now in the matter of qsl labels, I wasn't satisfied with the Avery 5160 label default file, since the formatting seems to be specific to the A4 paper size. So I fiddled around with the labelmaker program included in version 3 and got it just right for US letter size. The printing includes a "Via:" field and the Global QSL message at the bottom of the label. I've been asked in the past for a 5160 label by a few other US users of AAlog 2.XX. So if anyone wants the file, just e-mail me at ng7z at arrl dot net. It produces perfectly aligned labels, 30 per sheet.
            One other thing I had trouble with in version 3 is the callsign lookup function using the Buckmaster database. In version 2.xx it worked fine using the path C:Ham0. I chose this path in version 3 and get an error message that file is not found. Is there a fix for this?
            73 Paul NG7Z
            BTW, I really like the new layouts in version 3. I'm looking forward to the integration of LOTW and how it works in version 3.

            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 17 10:16 AM
              Hello Paul,

              Tuesday, March 17, 2009 , you wrote to me:

              PB> I haven't heard anything back on my previous post below. So I
              PB> upgraded anyway and found that all of the "in queue" contacts came
              PB> thru fine. Now in the matter of qsl labels, I wasn't satisfied
              PB> with the Avery 5160 label default file, since the formatting seems
              PB> to be specific to the A4 paper size. So I fiddled around with the
              PB> labelmaker program included in version 3 and got it just right for
              PB> US letter size. The printing includes a "Via:" field and the
              PB> Global QSL message at the bottom of the label. I've been asked in
              PB> the past for a 5160 label by a few other US users of AAlog 2.XX.
              PB> So if anyone wants the file, just e-mail me at ng7z at arrl dot
              PB> net. It produces perfectly aligned labels, 30 per sheet.
              I can include your layout to 3.0 package if you wish.

              PB> One other thing I had trouble with in version 3 is the
              PB> callsign lookup function using the Buckmaster database. In version
              PB> 2.xx it worked fine using the path C:Ham0. I chose this path in
              PB> version 3 and get an error message that file is not found. Is
              PB> there a fix for this?
              try
              c:\HAM0\

              PB> BTW, I really like the new layouts in version 3. I'm looking
              PB> forward to the integration of LOTW and how it works in version 3.
              What version you have?
              AALog 3.0 can import LoTW report and mark As CFM via LoTW contacts.
              Alsso it display this info in the all awards stat windows

              PB> --- In dxsoft@yahoogroups.com, "Paul Beringer" <ng7z@...> wrote:
              >>
              >> Ok....assume I wish to upgrade to version 3.0. How do I ensure
              >> that I don't loose the 253 "in queue" contacts?
              >>
              >> --- In dxsoft@yahoogroups.com, Alexander Anipkin <aalog@> wrote:
              >> >
              >> > Hello Paul,
              >> >
              >> > Sunday, March 8, 2009 , you wrote to me:
              >> >
              >> > in 2.47 print service use another database. If you remove data from it
              >> > before you change status to "Sent" then in the main database status of
              >> > contacts will not change.
              >> >
              >> > 3.0 has not this problem.

              >> > Best regards,
              >> > Alexander mailto:aia@

              Best regards,
              Alexander mailto:aia@...
            • Paul Beringer
              Message 6 of 6 , Mar 17 4:55 PM
                Nope. That didn't work either. I'd sure like this to work. I depend on it a lot.
                Regards
                Paul NG7Z