Need help with QSL labels

  • Norman Wald
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 1, 2008
      I am completely confused about how to make QSL and address labels in AALog version 2.47.

      I have a log with about 5000 QSOs, but can not seem to get AALog to communicate with
      AALLabels. I see the label designer and some ready-made designs, but I can't get the
      logbook to print.

      Also the Help file is missing from AALLabels

      I want to print QSO data on Avery 5160 labels (30 up, 3 column, 10 rows) and also address
      labels with data from my QRZ CD.

      Can someone advise me ? This is my 3rd request!

      Norman W9VQ
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 1, 2008
        Hello Norman,

        Wednesday, January 2, 2008 , you wrote to me:

        NW> I am completely confused about how to make QSL and address labels in AALog version 2.47.

        NW> I have a log with about 5000 QSOs, but can not seem to get AALog to communicate with
        NW> AALLabels. I see the label designer and some ready-made designs, but I can't get the
        NW> logbook to print.

        AALabels is only labels design generator. Do you put QSLs to QSL
        queue in AALog (Ctrl+L)?

        Best regards,
        Alexander mailto:aia@...
      • Paul Beringer
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 2, 2008
          --- In dxsoft@yahoogroups.com, "Norman Wald" <norman@...> wrote:

          Norman,
          I have a 5160 configuration file that you can use to make 4 up labels.
          I'm at work right now so I can't send it to you. When I get home, I'll
          attach the file and you can save it to your "Program
          files\AAlog\Labels" folder.
          I'll give further details on how to use it.
          73 Paul NG7Z

          > I am completely confused about how to make QSL and address labels in
          AALog version 2.47.

          > I have a log with about 5000 QSOs, but can not seem to get AALog to
          communicate with
          > AALLabels. I see the label designer and some ready-made designs, but
          I can't get the
          > logbook to print.
          >
          > Also the Help file is missing from AALLabels
          >
          > I want to print QSO data on Avery 5160 labels (30 up, 3 column, 10
          rows) and also address
          > labels with data from my QRZ CD.
          >
          > Can someone advise me ? This is my 3rd request!
          >

          > Norman W9VQ

        • Dan Schaaf
          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 5, 2008
            Dear Alex

            I have not been able to get LOTW and BV7 Label maker to recognize my 60 meter QSOs. So, I opened the ADIF file which I exported and I see in Windows Notepad that each 60 meter QSO is shown as <BAND:0> with no 60 following. Is there a fix for this in AALog 2.47 ?

            Best Regards
            Dan Schaaf
            ===============================
            NOBSKA
            www.nobska.net
            ===============================
            Cape Cod Instruments
            www.oceanbiz.net
            ===============================
            Wednesday, January 2, 2008 , you wrote to me:

            NW> I am completely confused about how to make QSL and address labels in AALog version 2.47.

            NW> I have a log with about 5000 QSOs, but can not seem to get AALog to communicate with
            NW> AALLabels. I see the label designer and some ready-made designs, but I can't get the
            NW> logbook to print.

            AALabels is only labels design generator. Do you put QSLs to QSL
            queue in AALog (Ctrl+L)?

            Best regards,
            Alexander mailto:aia@...

          • PS7DX
            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 5, 2008
              Edir band.aal e add he new band or QRG
              ps7dx

              Message 6 of 8 , Mar 5, 2008
                PS7DX

                Edit "BANDS.aal" ??? in the main program folder?

                If I do this, all I add is 5.0 between 3.5 and 7.0 bands?

                Then AALog automatically calculates this 5.0 as 60 meters?

                Best Regards
                Dan Schaaf
                ===============================
                NOBSKA
                www.nobska.net
                ===============================
                Cape Cod Instruments
                www.oceanbiz.net
                ===============================

                Message 7 of 8 , Mar 5, 2008
                  PS7DX

                  How do I save the Notepad fille after I add 5 MHz? I do not know how to save as a .AAL file. Notepad saves as .TXT file

                  Best Regards
                  Dan Schaaf
                  NOBSKA
                  www.nobska.net