Still not working AALog 2.47 under Vista

  • hr2dx
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 11, 2007
      Hello again anyone had luck running AALog 2.47 under Windows Vista, I
      have tried running in compatibility mode and as an administrator and no
      luck just a 50% cpu load in the task manager. Also tried to give total
      control of my username in the advanced settings of the program shorcut
      and the same happens, any other ideas or upgrades?

      thanks in advance

      73
      Antonio HR2DX
    • legonedijk
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 12, 2007
        --- In dxsoft@yahoogroups.com, "hr2dx" <hr2dx@...> wrote:

        > Hello again anyone had luck running AALog 2.47 under Windows Vista, I
        > have tried running in compatibility mode and as an administrator and
        no
        > luck just a 50% cpu load in the task manager. Also tried to give
        total
        > control of my username in the advanced settings of the program
        shorcut
        > and the same happens, any other ideas or upgrades?
        >
        > thanks in advance
        >
        > 73
        > Antonio HR2DX

        Hallo Antonio,

        What you are raeding next is maybe a little guide to solve
        your problem.
        It is about Shipplotter......
        Hi Jan,

        Vista is averse to programs saving stuff in the program files directory.
        Create a directory somewhere less sensitive and then copy your charts
        into that directory and then use Options..Directories..Chart files to
        point SP to the new folder.

        The same probably applies to log files.

        Regards
        Bev
        COAA

        Hopes it helps a little bit..

        Reg.: jan
      • hr2dx
        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 13, 2007
          Hi Jan thenks for the reply, maybe I understand bad but I still dont
          know how to make it run. Please help.

          73

          Antonio HR2DX

          --- In dxsoft@yahoogroups.com, "legonedijk" <legonedijk@...> wrote:

          > --- In dxsoft@yahoogroups.com, "hr2dx" <hr2dx@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Hello again anyone had luck running AALog 2.47 under Windows
          Vista, I
          > > have tried running in compatibility mode and as an administrator
          and
          > no
          > > luck just a 50% cpu load in the task manager. Also tried to give
          > total
          > > control of my username in the advanced settings of the program
          > shorcut
          > > and the same happens, any other ideas or upgrades?
          > >
          > > thanks in advance
          > >
          > > 73
          > > Antonio HR2DX
          > >

          > Hallo Antonio,
          >
          > What you are raeding next is maybe a little guide to solve
          > your problem.
          > It is about Shipplotter......

          > Hi Jan,
          >
          > Vista is averse to programs saving stuff in the program files
          directory.
          > Create a directory somewhere less sensitive and then copy your
          charts
          > into that directory and then use Options..Directories..Chart files
          > point SP to the new folder.
          >
          > The same probably applies to log files.
          >
          > Regards
          > Bev
          > COAA

          > Hopes it helps a little bit..
          >
          > Reg.: jan

        • legonedijk
          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 14, 2007
            Hi Antonio,

            The OS platforms for AALog 2.47 are: 9x/NT/Xp .
            There is where your problem starts.
            Find out if AALog 2.47 is in your "Program Files"
            on your hard disk (C e.g.).
            Make a new folder on your hard disk with a different
            name like, e.g."Exaalog247" and transfer the AALog 2.47
            program to this new folder.

            I am not a HAM operator and not very handy with computers....

            A second OS like Xp on your computer can be solve the problem
            as well.

            Reg.: jan

          • Kenneth Balfour
            Message 5 of 10 , Jul 14, 2007
              Hi All,

              AALog 2.47 does not work and will not work reliably under Windows Vista.
              Its developer knows this and appears not to care about the woes of users
              of AALog who have upgraded to Vista.

              Because a release of AALog does not appear to be coming any time soon, the
              solution is to "bite the bullet" and obtain a solution such as Prolog
              which runs under Windows Vista. This program imports *.adi files, so
              depending on how you work, all log entries from AALog would be intact.

              Ken 9Y4BK

              --
              KENNETH BALFOUR
              P.O. Box 632
              Message 6 of 10 , Jul 14, 2007
                Hello legonedijk,

                Saturday, July 14, 2007, 8:55:26 PM, you wrote:

                l> The OS platforms for AALog 2.47 are: 9x/NT/Xp .
                l> There is where your problem starts.
                l> Find out if AALog 2.47 is in your "Program Files"
                l> on your hard disk (C e.g.).
                l> Make a new folder on your hard disk with a different
                l> name like, e.g."Exaalog247" and transfer the AALog 2.47
                l> program to this new folder.

                l> I am not a HAM operator and not very handy with computers....

                Probably giving write permissions to "C:\Program Files\AALog" folder will help.
                AALog use several wiles in Windows folder also, so write permissions
                for files AALOG.INI and LOGINPUT.INI in a Window folder are necessary too.

                l> A second OS like Xp on your computer can be solve the problem
                l> as well.

                Hmm, using Windos XP as a _single_ OS at computer is much better solution :-)

                Really, WHY to broke working computer with Windows XP or Windows 2000 by installing
                such strange system as Windows Vista ???

              • legonedijk
                Message 7 of 10 , Jul 14, 2007
                  Hi Sergei e.a.,

                  If you buy a new computer in the Netherlands than
                  Vista is on the hard-disk.
                  We have to deal with that and make the best out
                  of it.

                  Your explanation about permissions for the .INI files
                  are usefull for those who know how to fix that.
                  A manual in plane text for those who did not have the
                  knowledge is welcome.

                  Reg.: jan

                  --- In dxsoft@yahoogroups.com, Sergei Podstrigailo <amx2@...> wrote:

                  > Hello legonedijk,
                  >
                  > Saturday, July 14, 2007, 8:55:26 PM, you wrote:
                  >

                  > l> The OS platforms for AALog 2.47 are: 9x/NT/Xp .
                  > l> There is where your problem starts.
                  > l> Find out if AALog 2.47 is in your "Program Files"
                  > l> on your hard disk (C e.g.).
                  > l> Make a new folder on your hard disk with a different
                  > l> name like, e.g."Exaalog247" and transfer the AALog 2.47
                  > l> program to this new folder.
                  >
                  > l> I am not a HAM operator and not very handy with computers....
                  >
                  > Probably giving write permissions to "C:\Program Files\AALog"
                  folder will help.
                  > AALog use several wiles in Windows folder also, so write permissions
                  > for files AALOG.INI and LOGINPUT.INI in a Window folder are
                  necessary too.

                  > l> A second OS like Xp on your computer can be solve the problem
                  > l> as well.
                  >
                  > Hmm, using Windos XP as a _single_ OS at computer is much better
                  solution :-)

                  > Really, WHY to broke working computer with Windows XP or Windows
                  2000 by installing
                  > such strange system as Windows Vista ???
                  >

                  > --
                  > Best regards,
                  > Sergei

                • RZ0AF
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jul 14, 2007
                    Hallo!
                    In the Russia too. And I have same problem with 2.47 version.

                    73! Andrei, RZ0AF

                    If you buy a new computer in the Netherlands than
                    Vista is on the hard-disk.

                    . ,_._,___

                  • GI8AFS
                    Message 9 of 10 , Jul 15, 2007
                      Hi legonedijk
                      Hi Sergei
                      I bought a new computer from Dell and have insisted that they they replace Vista with XP. They agreed and sent the disks. I have no need of an OS that uses 18 times the memory to produce graphics for which I have no use. If enough people do this, some sort of message may get back to mighty microsoft.
                      regards malcolm

                      If you buy a new computer in the Netherlands than
                      Vista is on the hard-disk.
                      We have to deal with that and make the best out
                      of it.

                      Your explanation about permissions for the .INI files
                      are usefull for those who know how to fix that.
                      A manual in plane text for those who did not have the
                      knowledge is welcome.

                      Reg.: jan

                      --- In dxsoft@yahoogroups.com, Sergei Podstrigailo <amx2@...> wrote:

                      > Hello legonedijk,
                      >
                      > Saturday, July 14, 2007, 8:55:26 PM, you wrote:
                      >

                      > l> The OS platforms for AALog 2.47 are: 9x/NT/Xp .
                      > l> There is where your problem starts.
                      > l> Find out if AALog 2.47 is in your "Program Files"
                      > l> on your hard disk (C e.g.).
                      > l> Make a new folder on your hard disk with a different
                      > l> name like, e.g."Exaalog247" and transfer the AALog 2.47
                      > l> program to this new folder.
                      >
                      > l> I am not a HAM operator and not very handy with computers....
                      >
                      > Probably giving write permissions to "C:\Program Files\AALog"
                      folder will help.
                      > AALog use several wiles in Windows folder also, so write permissions
                      > for files AALOG.INI and LOGINPUT.INI in a Window folder are
                      necessary too.

                      > l> A second OS like Xp on your computer can be solve the problem
                      > l> as well.
                      >
                      > Hmm, using Windos XP as a _single_ OS at computer is much better
                      solution :-)

                      > Really, WHY to broke working computer with Windows XP or Windows
                      2000 by installing
                      > such strange system as Windows Vista ???
                      >

                      > --
                      > Best regards,
                      > Sergei

                    • Paul Shayler
                      Message 10 of 10 , Jul 15, 2007
                        In message <1781885780204043AF906A1C957E4E70@...>, RZ0AF
                        <rz0af@...> writes

                        >Hallo!
                        >In the Russia too. And I have same problem with 2.47 version.
                        >
                        >73! Andrei, RZ0AF
                        >
                        >If you buy a new computer in the Netherlands than
                        >Vista is on the hard-disk.

                        Vista causes lots of problems, not just for radio amateurs! That is why
                        many companies out there in the Business world want to delay changing
                        for as long as they can. As they say "Beauty is skin deep" in the case
                        of Vista, there are lots of nasty things under the skin!

                        Paul S.

                        --
                        Paul Shayler M3TSF/G6TSF
                        Running the Internet accelerator ONSPEED.