CWType and RigRunner Problem

  • Larry Mohr
    Message 1 of 5 , May 1, 2007
      I'm using a West Mountain Radio Rigrunner/USB for CAT control of my IC-
      7000.

      Can't get CWType to key the transmitter. Ham Radio Deluxe works fine
      to key by CAT on the USB/Com5 port. I've tried all the Setup
      selections with no luck.

      Anyone else using the RigRunner sucessfully?

      Thanks,

      Larry
      K9LMM
      Message 2 of 5 , May 1, 2007
        Hello Larry,

        Tuesday, May 1, 2007, 7:29:12 PM, you wrote:

        LM> I'm using a West Mountain Radio Rigrunner/USB for CAT control of my IC-
        LM> 7000.

        LM> Can't get CWType to key the transmitter. Ham Radio Deluxe works fine
        LM> to key by CAT on the USB/Com5 port.

        CwType doesn't use CAT at all.

        LM> I've tried all the Setup
        LM> selections with no luck.

        Read "Connecting computer with a transceiver" section of Help-file...

      • Bill Hudson
        Message 3 of 5 , May 1, 2007
          Is the IC-7000 in the CW MODE? Mine works fine - on the IC706, which is the
          same interface.

          CBS Bill

          _____

          Message 4 of 5 , May 5, 2007
            Hi I am not Larry
            My name is James Legg ZL2GS

            Sergei Podstrigailo <amx2@...> wrote:

            Hello Larry,

            Tuesday, May 1, 2007, 7:29:12 PM, you wrote:

            LM> I'm using a West Mountain Radio Rigrunner/USB for CAT control of my IC-
            LM> 7000.

            LM> Can't get CWType to key the transmitter. Ham Radio Deluxe works fine
            LM> to key by CAT on the USB/Com5 port.

            CwType doesn't use CAT at all.

            LM> I've tried all the Setup
            LM> selections with no luck.

            Read "Connecting computer with a transceiver" section of Help-file...

            Regards JL

          • Bill Hudson
            Message 5 of 5 , May 5, 2007
              Make sure the IC-7000 is in the CW Mode - if you're plugged into the CW KEY
              connection.

              CBS Bill

              _____

              Send instant messages to your online friends http://au.messenger