Re: CwGET

    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 30, 2000
      Hello Jim,

      Wednesday, November 29, 2000, you wrote:

      JF> CwGET does a great job of decoding HSCW!
      JF> I had to get WinMSDSP to encode the HSCW.
      JF> It comes from Tihomir Heidelberg in Croatia.
      JF> I could not get CWType to do HSCW.
      JF> Regards, Jim FitzSimons W7ANF

      And what is HSCW ?

      Best regards,
      Sergei mailto:amx@...
      http://www.dxsoft.com
    • dr.detlef.petrausch@t-online.de
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 1, 2000
        Hello Sergei,

        Friday, December 01, 2000, 8:17:03 AM, you wrote:

        SP> Hello Jim,

        SP> Wednesday, November 29, 2000, you wrote:

        JF>> CwGET does a great job of decoding HSCW!
        JF>> I had to get WinMSDSP to encode the HSCW.
        JF>> It comes from Tihomir Heidelberg in Croatia.
        JF>> I could not get CWType to do HSCW.
        JF>> Regards, Jim FitzSimons W7ANF

        SP> And what is HSCW ?

        SP> Best regards,
        SP> Sergei mailto:amx@...
        SP> http://www.dxsoft.com

        I think HSCW = High Speed CW

        Best regards,

        Detlef mailto:dr.detlef.petrausch@...
      • Jim FitzSimons
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 1, 2000
          Sergei, the amateurs who do meteor scatter mostly use HSCW.
          HSCW is high speed Morse code. It is on/off modulated at
          rates up to 1000 WPM. CwGET allows the filters to be wide
          enough to decode this high speed CW. A fast sound card is
          required and the sample rate is set at 44100.
          The best combination of software is WinMSDSP to encode
          and transmitt. A recorded message can be transmitted
          by any sound application like CoolEdit. CoolEdit is used
          to receive and record. CoolEdit can change the speed of
          the received code to be copied by ear. CwGet is used to
          decode received signals if they are clear enough that the
          ear is not required. GwGet can decode fast enough so the
          speed does not need to be reduced.
          Meteor scatter communications is also done with SSB phone,
          packet, and Hellschreiber. There is only 3X Hellschreiber
          used since faster encoders are not available.
          Here is a link for HSCW:
          http://www.qsl.net/w8wn/hscw/hscw.html
          HSCW alows communications with short 0.1 second bursts.

        • pe967@aol.com
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 1, 2000
            THE METHOD IS ALSO CALLED BURST COMMUNICATIONS . TYPICAL LINKS RUN 85% PLUS
            IN THE 30 TO 50 MHZ RANGE . LIKE RUNNING AT 2 KBPS..
          • Jim FitzSimons
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 1, 2000
              Does this mean the 10M band can be used for this burst communications?

              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 3, 2000
                THE BAND COULD WELLBE USED . THE SENDER ND RXER SHOULD HAVE SAME FREQ AND
                STORAGE OF BURST DATA FILE - THEN DECODE LATER ..
                IN MOST CASES - THE RECEIPT OF A MESSAGE OCCURRED IN LESS THAN 20 MIN IN
                DISTANCE LESS THAN 800 MILES ...