Re: [dxsoft] Original wndows software for the PK232

  • Thomas Williams
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 1, 2005
      I would like a copy of the PK 232 tnc software.

      tnx,

      Tom Williams, N5WXE
      tomchrisw@...

    • John Lawson
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 1, 2005
        A Listmember wrote:

        > I would like a copy of the PK 232 tnc software.

        While there is no doubt that this software is long out of production,
        and supports a legacy product, nonetheless the current owners of the
        rights to all of AEA's Stuff is www.timewave.com - and they might, or
        might not, have a bit of a problem with bootleg copies of PC PAKRATT, etc
        being 'traded' so publically.

        I haven't bothered to ask them, since I have three original copies,
        including one that came with my first PK-232, sn #76 (not a typo).

        Then there's the matter of Topic, which none of the above is,
        technically.

        Just a Thought - no use waking up the Dawgs if you don't have to...

        Cheers

        John KB6SCO
      • Jim
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 2, 2005
          Well when software is as old as the original windows software and is not being produced or sold by any retail source, I really don't think a copy is a threat to anybody. I am strongly against piracy that threatens current production and research. But there is no way that a copy or copies of that old windows software would be any threat to anybody or any business.
          > I would like a copy of the PK 232 tnc software.

          While there is no doubt that this software is long out of production,
          and supports a legacy product, nonetheless the current owners of the
          rights to all of AEA's Stuff is www.timewave.com - and they might, or
          might not, have a bit of a problem with bootleg copies of PC PAKRATT, etc
          being 'traded' so publically.

          I haven't bothered to ask them, since I have three original copies,
          including one that came with my first PK-232, sn #76 (not a typo).

          Then there's the matter of Topic, which none of the above is,
          technically.

          Just a Thought - no use waking up the Dawgs if you don't have to...

          Cheers

          John KB6SCO

          To unsubscribe from this group, send an empty email to: