Re: [dxsoft] CallTTY - connect soundcard output/inpout to cordless phone (2.5MM jack) ?

    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 6, 2005
      Hello a10382,

      Sunday, June 26, 2005, 2:51:45 PM, you wrote:

      a> Two questions about CallTTY:

      a> Q#1) Is there a way to connect the soundcard in/out for CallTTY to the
      a> 2.5MM jack on a cordless (or even a cell) phone ??

      I just made an experiment and found that it is possible to connect
      with TTY device via Skype Out service.

      Is it interesting for you ?

      a> I'm contemplating using CallTTY as a TDD to reach some family members
      a> who are HoH. However, it is only used very intermittently. Rubber
      a> banding my computer headset (spkr & mic) to a phone handset, while it
      a> works, is a bit awkward and also picks up all the stray noise in the
      a> room (CW, radio chatter, air conditioner, voices, printer, etc.

      a> A simple circuit and some mini-plugs might do the trickm but I's fairly
      a> sure the circuit would have to limit inout to the cordless phone's mic
      a> input (from the sound card's spkr output) so as not to overdrive the
      a> phone handset.

      a> Q#2) Is there an automated phone system that will let me test the TTY
      a> without a person at the other end ?? Something like an automated TTY
      a> atattendent that I could interact on a landline TTY call.

      I'd suggest to search "TTY number" at Google ...

      If you find unattended number, tell me, please :-)

    • Mike
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 6, 2005
        sergi
        I have no trouble connecting with the sound card on receive. I am having trouble with the rigblaster but the software is generating the signal perfectly. I will get it straightened out soon

        regards
        k2bn