Cwget 1.50 is released

    Message 1 of 6 , May 3, 2005
      Hello All,

      I just have uploaded CwGet 1.50 to the main site and mirror:

      http://www.dxsoft.com/cwget.zip
      http://www.hamport.com/cwget.zip

      CwGet Versions History

      V1.50
      The "Setup->Tune RIG by->Show Omni-Rig Setup" command activates
      Omni-Rig setup dialog.
      The "Setup->Spectrogram Colors Setup" and "Setup->Oscillogram Colors Setup"
      menus can change colors of all elements of spectrogram or oscillogram
      window now.
      V1.47
      A problem of frequency control of some RIG types was fixed.
      When the "Setup->AFC at mouse click" option is selected
      a fast AFC is made by click at spectrogram, but it is NOT made by click
      at frequency ruler below now.
      V1.46
      The "Setup->AFC at Mouse Click" option was made. When this option
      is selected CwGet make fast AFC to near station after mouse
      click on spectrogram regardless of the "AFC" button state.
      The "Setup->Tune RIG by" menu switches on the mode of automatic
      transceiver frequency control. In this mode transceiver radio frequency
      is changed to consist RX frequency to TX frequency. Auto-tuning is made
      after click on spectrogram or by "GoToMax" command. Tuning can be
      made by RIT or by VFO according selected option. Take to attention
      that not every transceiver has programmable RIT. In this case auto-tuning
      by RIT is impossible. Tuning is made via OmniRig software interface
      (see http://www.dxatlas.com/omnirig). Hamport software
      (http://www.dxsoft.com/en/products/hamport/) uses this interface also.
      V1.45
      User can select soundcards used for sound input and output by
      "Setup->Input Sound Card" and "Setup->Output Sound Card" menu now.
      V1.40
      Documentation was updated.
      Oscillogram drawing was improved, especially under Windows 2000/XP.
      V1.39
      AFC has two parameters now.
      The first parameter is local deviation in hertzs, i.e. maximal deviation
      from current frequency. Second parameter is global deviation in hertzs, i.e.
      maximal deviation from last user-selected frequency. User-selected
      frequency is shown at spectrogram by short thin line.

      A one minute sound buffer was made.
      The "Replay" button click makes CwType to replay previous
      10 seconds of received signal.
      The "Save" button writes previous 60 seconds of a sound to a wave
      file in the "Waves" directory.
      Special macrosequences can be used in CwType (V1.32 and later) to
      control this sound buffer also.
      V1.38
      The "File->Open Wave Capture File" command opens wave-file to save all
      received from soundcard sound. File is closed by the
      "File->Open Wave Capture File" command.
      The hotkey for these commands is "Alt-V". Take to attention that a minute
      of sound recording need above 1 MByte disk space.
      A frequency ruler was made.
      To move a visible part of spectrogram to left or right
      you need to drag it by mouse with Alt key pressed now.
      [...]
    • J. Reed
      Message 2 of 6 , May 16, 2005
        Sergei, just ran 'Hamscope' and 'CwGet' (at the same time) and
        'Hamscope' is giving me warning of "Reduce audio signal" while
        'CwGet' is perfectly happy with maximum gain in recording....
        Can you give us CwGet users a 'setting' for the configuration
        files that will allow us to 'set' the best audio level so that the
        two programs are 'close' to each other in audio levels...? Thank
        you for a great program... James Reed, age 72 (and need all the
        help I can get) Oh, running CwGet 1.50 73s...

[...]

        To unsubscribe from this group, send an empty email to:

        Yahoo! Groups Links

        Message 3 of 6 , May 16, 2005
          Hello J.,

          Monday, May 16, 2005, 10:24:38 PM, you wrote:

          JR> Sergei, just ran 'Hamscope' and 'CwGet' (at the same time) and
          JR> 'Hamscope' is giving me warning of "Reduce audio signal" while
          JR> 'CwGet' is perfectly happy with maximum gain in recording....
          JR> Can you give us CwGet users a 'setting' for the configuration
          JR> files that will allow us to 'set' the best audio level so that the
          JR> two programs are 'close' to each other in audio levels...?

          Hmm, if you really overdrive soundcard, CwGet will happy after reducing level also :-)

          If you really _not_ overdrive card and Hamscope say _wrong_ message,
          why you asked _me_ about Hamscope bug? :-)

        • david kumar
          Message 4 of 6 , May 16, 2005
            HI there James,
            Could you please tell me if this 'hamscope' is another program similar to 'CWGet' ? Is it freeware or shareware? Does it work as good as CWGet?
            Waiting to hear from you
            David

            Message 5 of 6 , May 17, 2005
              Good morning David, I don't know the status now of Hamscope
              but my copy of Hamscope is very sensitive to it's audio input
              from my transceiver, about 1/10th of the audio signal required
              to drive CwGet to full input. As I 'need' to boost the input to
              get the same results, I had hoped that it was a software solution
              in CwGet that would allow me to 'adjust' CwGet perfectly. Guess
              not... I believe that Hamscope is available on the site, Dxsoft if
              you can get to them... good luck, Jim Reed.

              Message 6 of 6 , May 18, 2005
                Hello J.Reed,

                Tuesday, May 17, 2005, 5:32:32 PM, you wrote:

                JR> Good morning David, I don't know the status now of Hamscope
                JR> but my copy of Hamscope is very sensitive to it's audio input
                JR> from my transceiver, about 1/10th of the audio signal required
                JR> to drive CwGet to full input.

                It sounds like Hamscope losts 20dB of soundcard dinamic range ...

                JR> As I 'need' to boost the input to
                JR> get the same results, I had hoped that it was a software solution
                JR> in CwGet that would allow me to 'adjust' CwGet perfectly.

                It looks like you need to select "Logarithmic spectrogram" and
                "Logarithmic oscillogram" options in CwGet.