Rescan logset very slow

  • Dave Dunbar
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 1, 2004
      I have AALog, have been using it for 3 years, and like it. I have
      just over 7000 QSOs in the log file, but when I do a Rescan log set
      function, it takes a LONG time for it to complete. Just this
      morning, it took 45 minutes. Nothing else was running that takes
      significant CPU time, and I'm running a 2.2GHz Pentium with 512M
      memory and WinXP. Should it take that long, or is something wrong?
      Thanks, Dave N0RQ
    • A.Robert Pantazes
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 2, 2004
        Dave,
        I only have 1000 QSOs and AAlog ran find till I upgraded my Windows
        XP with SP2, now AAlog will stop running when I do a rescan. I have
        to use an older computer with Windows 98 to do a rescan.
        Robert, W2ARP

      • Stevesautocntr@aol.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 2, 2004
          From KL1DB, : I have upgraded to new computer Ive lost allmost all info.If
          seke to you would like to re-send it. TXKL1DB, Steven J. Irwin, 4100 DeBarr
          Rd.,Anch.Ak.

          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 4, 2004
            Hello Dave,

            Monday, November 1, 2004 , you wrote to me:

            DD> I have AALog, have been using it for 3 years, and like it. I have
            DD> just over 7000 QSOs in the log file, but when I do a Rescan log set
            DD> function, it takes a LONG time for it to complete. Just this
            DD> morning, it took 45 minutes. Nothing else was running that takes
            DD> significant CPU time, and I'm running a 2.2GHz Pentium with 512M
            DD> memory and WinXP. Should it take that long, or is something wrong?
            DD> Thanks, Dave N0RQ

            I know this problem of AALog. And I will change data format in new
            versions.

            Best regards,
            Alexander mailto:aia@...