SeaTTY problems

  • Clair Dunn
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 5, 2004
      Hi,
      Before I purchased SeaTTY I looked at it as well as Weather Fax 2000.

      Since I only needed to capture faxes and always prefer the simple
      software over the complex, I chose SeaTTY and registered it.

      I also use other digital modes with my soundcard -- APRS, PSK, etc. I
      used SeaTTY for two days almost constantly and got a nice collection of
      faxes, mainly from Halifax, NS. on 10.534.09.

      Then one morning I switched to another radio and another interface
      (Signal Link) when I switched back to the radio and interface (Donner) I
      use for faxes, I could no longer get any pictures or charts with SeaTTY.

      I spend several hours messing around with the interfaces, checking
      cables, trying line in mic in, etc. -- you know the drill. Nothing. I
      had good signals too. Then, in a fit of frustration I called up Weather
      Fax 2000 without making any changes from whatever I was last doing to
      get SeaTTY to work, and Weather Fax 2000 instantly started receiving
      loud and clear --

      So, what is going on -- help please -- I'm not a happy camper at the
      moment. And, without Weather Fax 2000, I would never have known that my
      equipment was indeed working, just not with SeaTTY.

      Thanks very much for any help from anyone -- BTW the screens are either
      all black or mostly black with the occasional white dot.

      Clair, W1CQD
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 5, 2004
        Hello Clair,

        Monday, July 5, 2004, you wrote:

        CD> Then one morning I switched to another radio and another interface
        CD> (Signal Link) when I switched back to the radio and interface (Donner) I
        CD> use for faxes, I could no longer get any pictures or charts with SeaTTY.

        [...]

        CD> Thanks very much for any help from anyone -- BTW the screens are either
        CD> all black or mostly black with the occasional white dot.

        Do you see signal at spectrogram window ?

        If no, select signal source and level by Windows mixer.

        If yes, is it properly fit between vertical red lines ?

        Check Normal/Reverse button also ...

        Best regards,
        Sergei mailto:sp@...
        http://www.dxsoft.com