wpx contest module point computation

  • cics16
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 1, 2002
      I used latest aatest contest module for CQ WW WPX contest last few
      days. Perhaps I misunderstand or did something wrong, but...

      The points assigned when I worked another station is USA was 2, but
      according to the rules, I think it should be 1.

      Perhaps someone could clarify for me. Thanks!

      Dave, N0RQ (ex-WD0HWX)
      n0rq@...

      From the rules (note subsection "(c)"):

      "VI. Points:

      (a) Contacts between stations on different continents are worth three
      (3) points on 28, 21, and 14 MHz and six (6) points on 7, 3.5, and
      1.8 MHz.

      (b) Contacts between stations on the same continent, but different
      countries, are worth one (1) point on 28, 21, and 14 MHz and two (2)
      points on 7, 3.5, and 1.8 MHz. Exception: For North American stations
      only—contacts between stations within the North American boundaries
      (both stations must be located in North America) are worth two (2)
      points on 28, 21, and 14 MHz and four (4) points on 7, 3.5, and 1.8
      MHz.

      (c) Contacts between stations in the same country are worth 1 point
      regardless of band."
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 1, 2002
        Hello cics16,

        Monday, Monday, April 01, 2002, you wrote to me:

        Oops... I think you are right. I miss this situation :-(

        c> I used latest aatest contest module for CQ WW WPX contest last few
        c> days. Perhaps I misunderstand or did something wrong, but...

        c> The points assigned when I worked another station is USA was 2, but
        c> according to the rules, I think it should be 1.

        c> Perhaps someone could clarify for me. Thanks!

        c> From the rules (note subsection "(c)"):

        c> (b) Contacts between stations on the same continent, but different
        c> countries, are worth one (1) point on 28, 21, and 14 MHz and two (2)
        c> points on 7, 3.5, and 1.8 MHz. Exception: For North American stations
        c> only—contacts between stations within the North American boundaries
        c> (both stations must be located in North America) are worth two (2)
        c> points on 28, 21, and 14 MHz and four (4) points on 7, 3.5, and 1.8
        c> MHz.

        c> (c) Contacts between stations in the same country are worth 1 point
        c> regardless of band."

        Best regards,
        Alexander mailto:aia@...