Re: [dxatlas] not on freq

  • Marijan Miletic
    Message 1 of 13 , Aug 4, 2008
      I am also experiencing occassional freq errors and I suspect they are
      caused by manually turning FT-1000 RX2 VFO dial. However, high
      percentage of accurate callsigns and frequencies detected make a lot
      of fun to operate Skimmer on both FT1K RX 455 kHz IF. I am looking
      forward to EU DX contest this weekend. Only rotor needs fixing
      again :-(

      73 de Mario, S56A, N1YU

      > Ah, then take a look at the discussion of the softrock-if mode in
      the
      > Skimmer help file - particularly the part on setting the "audio if."
      >
      > 73, Pete N4ZR
      >
      > At 10:47 AM 8/3/2008, you wrote:
      > >--- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com, Pete Smith <n4zr@> wrote:
      > > >
      > >Hi Pete,
      > >I'm using a external soundcard (emu 202) and the Lp-PAN and have
      the
      > >softrock-if checked...
      > >
      > >Don....
      > >

      > > > On the very first tab - Radio. I'm guessing that perhaps you are
      > >running in
      > > > 3-KHz mode, using the audio from your radio. Or are you somehow
      > >connecting
      > > > to the IF output of the radio in an effort to use it more as a
      > >panadaptor?
      > > >
      > > > 73, Pete

      > >skimmer.
      > >freq. Is

    • nc1john
      Message 2 of 13 , Aug 6, 2008
        Excuse me if I'm in the wrong place for this question.

        I have a Vista laptop and went to dxatlas.com to try Faros and a
        couple of related applications. They won't start/run on my PC. Is
        this a known Vista incompatibility issue? If so, is their an update
        coming? Thanks much. If not, any advice? Thanks.
      • Alex Shovkoplyas, VE3NEA
        Message 3 of 13 , Aug 6, 2008
          Hi John,

          Please see this posting for a detailed answer:

          Message 4 of 13 , Sep 3 1:57 PM
            Sorry, different "mode" - I mean, are you using Skimmer with the audio from
            the radio, or from the IF; if from the IF, what SDR or other device are you
            using to read the IF frequency - an LP-Pan?

            73, Pete N4ZR