Re: [dxatlas] not on freq

  • haircutter14085
    Message 1 of 13 , Aug 3, 2008

      Hi Pete,
      I will do that and let you know how I make out. Its strange. It was
      working fb until I started playing around with Lp-Pan and the bridge
      software. Tried uninstalling and doing it over. No Joy!

      Do will let you know how I make out.

      Thanks again my friend

      Don...w2xb

    • Marijan Miletic
      Message 2 of 13 , Aug 4, 2008
        I am also experiencing occassional freq errors and I suspect they are
        caused by manually turning FT-1000 RX2 VFO dial. However, high
        percentage of accurate callsigns and frequencies detected make a lot
        of fun to operate Skimmer on both FT1K RX 455 kHz IF. I am looking
        forward to EU DX contest this weekend. Only rotor needs fixing
        again :-(

        73 de Mario, S56A, N1YU

        > Ah, then take a look at the discussion of the softrock-if mode in
        the
        > Skimmer help file - particularly the part on setting the "audio if."
        >
        > 73, Pete N4ZR
        >
        > At 10:47 AM 8/3/2008, you wrote:
        > >--- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com, Pete Smith <n4zr@> wrote:
        > > >
        > >Hi Pete,
        > >I'm using a external soundcard (emu 202) and the Lp-PAN and have
        the
        > >softrock-if checked...
        > >
        > >Don....
        > >

        > > > On the very first tab - Radio. I'm guessing that perhaps you are
        > >running in
        > > > 3-KHz mode, using the audio from your radio. Or are you somehow
        > >connecting
        > > > to the IF output of the radio in an effort to use it more as a
        > >panadaptor?
        > > >
        > > > 73, Pete

        > >skimmer.
        > >freq. Is

      • nc1john
        Message 3 of 13 , Aug 6, 2008
          Excuse me if I'm in the wrong place for this question.

          I have a Vista laptop and went to dxatlas.com to try Faros and a
          couple of related applications. They won't start/run on my PC. Is
          this a known Vista incompatibility issue? If so, is their an update
          coming? Thanks much. If not, any advice? Thanks.
        • Alex Shovkoplyas, VE3NEA
          Message 4 of 13 , Aug 6, 2008
            Hi John,

            Please see this posting for a detailed answer:

            Message 5 of 13 , Sep 3, 2008
              Sorry, different "mode" - I mean, are you using Skimmer with the audio from
              the radio, or from the IF; if from the IF, what SDR or other device are you
              using to read the IF frequency - an LP-Pan?

              73, Pete N4ZR