Re: [dxatlas] not on freq

    Message 1 of 13 , Aug 3 9:00 AM
      Ah, then take a look at the discussion of the softrock-if mode in the
      Skimmer help file - particularly the part on setting the "audio if."

      73, Pete N4ZR

      At 10:47 AM 8/3/2008, you wrote:
      >--- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com, Pete Smith <n4zr@...> wrote:
      > >
      >Hi Pete,
      >I'm using a external soundcard (emu 202) and the Lp-PAN and have the
      >softrock-if checked...
      >
      >Don....
      >

      > > On the very first tab - Radio. I'm guessing that perhaps you are
      >running in
      > > 3-KHz mode, using the audio from your radio. Or are you somehow
      >connecting
      > > to the IF output of the radio in an effort to use it more as a
      >panadaptor?
      > >
      > > 73, Pete
      > >
      > > At 09:57 AM 8/3/2008, you wrote:
      > > >--- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com, Pete Smith <n4zr@> wrote:
      > > > >
      > > >Hi Pete,
      > > >Where on the skimmer is the mode? All I see is the band plan?
      > > >

      > > >Don..

      >skimmer.
      > > >When
      >freq. Is

    • haircutter14085
      Message 2 of 13 , Aug 3 2:53 PM

        Hi Pete,
        I will do that and let you know how I make out. Its strange. It was
        working fb until I started playing around with Lp-Pan and the bridge
        software. Tried uninstalling and doing it over. No Joy!

        Do will let you know how I make out.

        Thanks again my friend

        Don...w2xb

      • Marijan Miletic
        Message 3 of 13 , Aug 4 1:29 PM
          I am also experiencing occassional freq errors and I suspect they are
          caused by manually turning FT-1000 RX2 VFO dial. However, high
          percentage of accurate callsigns and frequencies detected make a lot
          of fun to operate Skimmer on both FT1K RX 455 kHz IF. I am looking
          forward to EU DX contest this weekend. Only rotor needs fixing
          again :-(

          73 de Mario, S56A, N1YU

          > Ah, then take a look at the discussion of the softrock-if mode in
          the
          > Skimmer help file - particularly the part on setting the "audio if."
          >
          > 73, Pete N4ZR
          >
          > At 10:47 AM 8/3/2008, you wrote:
          > >--- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com, Pete Smith <n4zr@> wrote:
          > > >
          > >Hi Pete,
          > >I'm using a external soundcard (emu 202) and the Lp-PAN and have
          the
          > >softrock-if checked...
          > >
          > >Don....
          > >

          > > > On the very first tab - Radio. I'm guessing that perhaps you are
          > >running in
          > > > 3-KHz mode, using the audio from your radio. Or are you somehow
          > >connecting
          > > > to the IF output of the radio in an effort to use it more as a
          > >panadaptor?
          > > >
          > > > 73, Pete

          > >skimmer.
          > >freq. Is

        • nc1john
          Message 4 of 13 , Aug 6 2:08 PM
            Excuse me if I'm in the wrong place for this question.

            I have a Vista laptop and went to dxatlas.com to try Faros and a
            couple of related applications. They won't start/run on my PC. Is
            this a known Vista incompatibility issue? If so, is their an update
            coming? Thanks much. If not, any advice? Thanks.
          • Alex Shovkoplyas, VE3NEA
            Message 5 of 13 , Aug 6 3:40 PM
              Hi John,

              Please see this posting for a detailed answer:

              Message 6 of 13 , Sep 3, 2008
                Sorry, different "mode" - I mean, are you using Skimmer with the audio from
                the radio, or from the IF; if from the IF, what SDR or other device are you
                using to read the IF frequency - an LP-Pan?

                73, Pete N4ZR