Re: [dxatlas] not on freq

  • haircutter14085
    Message 1 of 13 , Aug 3, 2008

      Hi Pete,
      I'm using a external soundcard (emu 202) and the Lp-PAN and have the
      softrock-if checked...

      Don....

      Message 2 of 13 , Aug 3, 2008
        Ah, then take a look at the discussion of the softrock-if mode in the
        Skimmer help file - particularly the part on setting the "audio if."

        73, Pete N4ZR

        At 10:47 AM 8/3/2008, you wrote:
        >--- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com, Pete Smith <n4zr@...> wrote:
        > >
        >Hi Pete,
        >I'm using a external soundcard (emu 202) and the Lp-PAN and have the
        >softrock-if checked...
        >
        >Don....
        >

        > > On the very first tab - Radio. I'm guessing that perhaps you are
        >running in
        > > 3-KHz mode, using the audio from your radio. Or are you somehow
        >connecting
        > > to the IF output of the radio in an effort to use it more as a
        >panadaptor?
        > >
        > > 73, Pete
        > >
        > > At 09:57 AM 8/3/2008, you wrote:
        > > >--- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com, Pete Smith <n4zr@> wrote:
        > > > >
        > > >Hi Pete,
        > > >Where on the skimmer is the mode? All I see is the band plan?
        > > >

        > > >Don..

        >skimmer.
        > > >When
        >freq. Is

      • haircutter14085
        Message 3 of 13 , Aug 3, 2008

          Hi Pete,
          I will do that and let you know how I make out. Its strange. It was
          working fb until I started playing around with Lp-Pan and the bridge
          software. Tried uninstalling and doing it over. No Joy!

          Do will let you know how I make out.

          Thanks again my friend

        • Marijan Miletic
          Message 4 of 13 , Aug 4, 2008
            I am also experiencing occassional freq errors and I suspect they are
            caused by manually turning FT-1000 RX2 VFO dial. However, high
            percentage of accurate callsigns and frequencies detected make a lot
            of fun to operate Skimmer on both FT1K RX 455 kHz IF. I am looking
            forward to EU DX contest this weekend. Only rotor needs fixing
            again :-(

            73 de Mario, S56A, N1YU

            > Ah, then take a look at the discussion of the softrock-if mode in
            the
            > Skimmer help file - particularly the part on setting the "audio if."
            >
            > 73, Pete N4ZR
            >
            > At 10:47 AM 8/3/2008, you wrote:
            > >--- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com, Pete Smith <n4zr@> wrote:
            > > >
            > >Hi Pete,
            > >I'm using a external soundcard (emu 202) and the Lp-PAN and have
            the
            > >softrock-if checked...
            > >
            > >Don....
            > >

            > > > On the very first tab - Radio. I'm guessing that perhaps you are
            > >running in
            > > > 3-KHz mode, using the audio from your radio. Or are you somehow
            > >connecting
            > > > to the IF output of the radio in an effort to use it more as a
            > >panadaptor?
            > > >
            > > > 73, Pete

            > >skimmer.
            > >freq. Is

          • nc1john
            Message 5 of 13 , Aug 6, 2008
              Excuse me if I'm in the wrong place for this question.

              I have a Vista laptop and went to dxatlas.com to try Faros and a
              couple of related applications. They won't start/run on my PC. Is
              this a known Vista incompatibility issue? If so, is their an update
              coming? Thanks much. If not, any advice? Thanks.
            • Alex Shovkoplyas, VE3NEA
              Message 6 of 13 , Aug 6, 2008
                Hi John,

                Please see this posting for a detailed answer:

                Message 7 of 13 , Sep 3 1:57 PM
                  Sorry, different "mode" - I mean, are you using Skimmer with the audio from
                  the radio, or from the IF; if from the IF, what SDR or other device are you
                  using to read the IF frequency - an LP-Pan?

                  73, Pete N4ZR