Re: Can't download any spots into BandMaster

  • Pascal Breugelmans
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 18, 2008
      --- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com, "wd4elg_base" <mlunday@...>
      wrote:

      > Nothing happening, was working perfectly just 2 days ago. FILTER
      is OFF

      > Mark, WD4ELG http://wd4elg.net

      Dear Mark,
      I found this earlier message about our topic:

      Hi Dan,

      While the owners of the DXSummit site are playing with their data
      formats,
      Band Master cannot parse their output. I have modified the program to
      understand their current format, but I don't want to release it until
      I know
      that the format will not change again. For the time being, please use
      Telnet
      clusters instead of the Web cluster.

      73 Alex VE3NEA
    • wd4elg_base
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 18, 2008
        > I know
        > that the format will not change again. For the time being, please use
        > Telnet
        > clusters instead of the Web cluster.
        >
        > 73 Alex VE3NEA

        Is there a way to configure BandMaster to use Telnet cluster?

        Mark, WD4ELG http://wd4elg.net
      • wd4elg_base
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 18, 2008
          never mind. I was using v1.2, and I see v1.3 supports TelNet clusters.

          Alex, you are a genius

          Mark, WD4ELG http://wd4elg.net
        • s_k_o_g_g_e
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 11, 2008
            Any news on the web downloads? It takes forever to populate the list.
            I saw an old installation (1.2?) that worked and that was after
            DX-summit changed its layout so I'm really confused.

            Today I use 1.3 with both web and telnet and sometimes it seems like
            web is working but normally spots originate from telnet sources.

            73 de Andy in Lapland

            --- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com, "Pascal Breugelmans" <pa1br@...>

            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 12, 2008
              Hi Andy,

              V.1.3 is not supposed to work with the web cluster. This version was
              modified to download spots from DX Summit in their new format but,
              unfortunately, this format changed several times after 1.3 was released. The
              DX Summit team announced yesterday that they are now providing the spot data
              in the old format on a special page on their new web site. I changed Band
              Master to work with that page, and a brief test confirmed that the page
              works fine. The updated version of Band Master will be released shortly.

              Message 6 of 8 , Nov 12, 2008
                Thanks for a speedy reply Alex!

                Looking forward to download the new version. BM is my favourite
                cluster tool. I have it integrated with Ham Radio deLuxe / Ionoprobe /
                DX Atlas and hamCap. Really nice!

                Cheers!

                Andy