RE: [dxatlas] IonoProbe Old and Recent question

  • Chris
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 18, 2008
      High John & the Group

      I've been using Ionoprobe for ages now and I've noticed over the past two
      days that downloading data from the NOAA site has been quite erratic.
      Sometimes the manual/auto-download works and other times it doesn't.
      Yesterday, I noticed that the 'latest' data came through ok but then on
      clicking on 'recent' or 'old' data, the download failed.

      I've just checked and the same happens this morning.

      I've just done a web-trace on the NOAA site 'www.sel.noaa.gov' and it says
      that the site does not exist.

      I think NOAA must be having problems with the website but how we go about
      contacting them, who knows?

      Let's hope it comes back online soon.

      Regards

      Chris (UK)

      _____

      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 18, 2008
        Hello folks,

        Ionoprobe is now downloading the data.must have been gremlins running around
        in the NOAA server or maybe it was offline for maintenance. All fine now
        though.

        Incidentally, the website used for downloading the NOAA data is not
        'www.sel.noaa.gov' (which is the old NOAA ftp site I obtained from the
        Ionoprobe Help file) but is in fact 'www.swpc.noaa.gov' as stated in the
        .INI file in the Ionoprobe directory/folder.

        Fingers crossed.

        Have a good weekend.

        Chris

        _____