Re: Can't download any spots into BandMaster

  • Pascal Breugelmans
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 18, 2008
      --- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com, "wd4elg_base" <mlunday@...> wrote:

      > Nothing happening, was working perfectly just 2 days ago. FILTER is
      OFF

      > Mark, WD4ELG http://wd4elg.net

      Dear Mark,

      I have the same problem here, i think everyone using this program is
      having this problem at the moment.
      Ionoprobe has also some gaps in the downloaded data.

      Vy 73 Pascal - PA1BR
    • Pascal Breugelmans
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 18, 2008
        wrote:

        > Nothing happening, was working perfectly just 2 days ago. FILTER
        is OFF

        > Mark, WD4ELG http://wd4elg.net

        Dear Mark,
        I found this earlier message about our topic:

        Hi Dan,

        While the owners of the DXSummit site are playing with their data
        formats,
        Band Master cannot parse their output. I have modified the program to
        understand their current format, but I don't want to release it until
        I know
        that the format will not change again. For the time being, please use
        Telnet
        clusters instead of the Web cluster.

        73 Alex VE3NEA
      • wd4elg_base
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 18, 2008
          > I know
          > that the format will not change again. For the time being, please use
          > Telnet
          > clusters instead of the Web cluster.
          >
          > 73 Alex VE3NEA

          Is there a way to configure BandMaster to use Telnet cluster?

          Mark, WD4ELG http://wd4elg.net
        • wd4elg_base
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 18, 2008
            never mind. I was using v1.2, and I see v1.3 supports TelNet clusters.

            Alex, you are a genius

            Mark, WD4ELG http://wd4elg.net
          • s_k_o_g_g_e
            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 11, 2008
              Any news on the web downloads? It takes forever to populate the list.
              I saw an old installation (1.2?) that worked and that was after
              DX-summit changed its layout so I'm really confused.

              Today I use 1.3 with both web and telnet and sometimes it seems like
              web is working but normally spots originate from telnet sources.

              73 de Andy in Lapland

              --- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com, "Pascal Breugelmans" <pa1br@...>

              Message 6 of 8 , Nov 12, 2008
                Hi Andy,

                V.1.3 is not supposed to work with the web cluster. This version was
                modified to download spots from DX Summit in their new format but,
                unfortunately, this format changed several times after 1.3 was released. The
                DX Summit team announced yesterday that they are now providing the spot data
                in the old format on a special page on their new web site. I changed Band
                Master to work with that page, and a brief test confirmed that the page
                works fine. The updated version of Band Master will be released shortly.

                Message 7 of 8 , Nov 12, 2008
                  Thanks for a speedy reply Alex!

                  Looking forward to download the new version. BM is my favourite
                  cluster tool. I have it integrated with Ham Radio deLuxe / Ionoprobe /
                  DX Atlas and hamCap. Really nice!

                  Cheers!

                  Andy