IonoProbe Old and Recent question

  • John T. Fleming
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 17, 2008
      I need to shut down my computer at night time. Normally I will click on the
      Old Data and Recent download when I start it to be sure I am up to date.
      But lately that has failed. While I was away for month, was there a change
      in the config file that I need to make? Thanks.

      73,

      John

    • Chris
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 18, 2008
        High John & the Group

        I've been using Ionoprobe for ages now and I've noticed over the past two
        days that downloading data from the NOAA site has been quite erratic.
        Sometimes the manual/auto-download works and other times it doesn't.
        Yesterday, I noticed that the 'latest' data came through ok but then on
        clicking on 'recent' or 'old' data, the download failed.

        I've just checked and the same happens this morning.

        I've just done a web-trace on the NOAA site 'www.sel.noaa.gov' and it says
        that the site does not exist.

        I think NOAA must be having problems with the website but how we go about
        contacting them, who knows?

        Let's hope it comes back online soon.

        Regards

        Chris (UK)

        _____

        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 18, 2008
          Hello folks,

          Ionoprobe is now downloading the data.must have been gremlins running around
          in the NOAA server or maybe it was offline for maintenance. All fine now
          though.

          Incidentally, the website used for downloading the NOAA data is not
          'www.sel.noaa.gov' (which is the old NOAA ftp site I obtained from the
          Ionoprobe Help file) but is in fact 'www.swpc.noaa.gov' as stated in the
          .INI file in the Ionoprobe directory/folder.

          Fingers crossed.

          Have a good weekend.

          Chris

          _____