Re: [dxatlas] Omni-Rig with FT897

    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 15, 2004
      Hi Elijah,

      I sent you my new FT-897.ini file for testing two days ago. Did you receive
      it? if not, please download RigIni.zip from the OmniRig web site, it now
      includes that ini. The Tester's Guide has also been updated, please
      re-download.

      73 Alex VE3NEA

      > I sent you a email. I cannot get the rig to see it. From the
      > betatest.txt a couple things don't make sense. First off, it says:
      >
      > CONFIGURATION
      >
      > 1. Start Client.exe.
      > 2. Click on the Open Dialog button.
      > 3. Select rig type and set com port parameters. Do not change Poll
      > Int. and Timeout.
      >
      > Ok, how can you do step 3 if the FT 897 isn't a rig type....?
    • digitaleli
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 17, 2004
        Doesn't work. Omni-Rig never changes the status to Online. I can
        select the 897 but it never changes to online when I turn the radio
        on. I can close client.exe and open Ham Radio Deluxe and control the
        radio. Close the app down, turn the radio off. Open client.exe and
        turn the radio on, never changes status to online. I'm using the
        Yaesu CAT cable via serial port 1 (COM1) in windows. I didn't change
        any of the settings, speed, etc. Ideas?

        Elijah

        --- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com, "Alex, VE3NEA" <alshovk@d...>

        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 17, 2004
          Hi Elijah,

          Please send me the log.

          Alex

          > Doesn't work. Omni-Rig never changes the status to Online. I can
          > select the 897 but it never changes to online when I turn the radio
          > on. I can close client.exe and open Ham Radio Deluxe and control the
          > radio. Close the app down, turn the radio off. Open client.exe and
          > turn the radio on, never changes status to online. I'm using the
          > Yaesu CAT cable via serial port 1 (COM1) in windows. I didn't change
          > any of the settings, speed, etc. Ideas?
          >
          > Elijah
          >
          > --- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com, "Alex, VE3NEA" <alshovk@d...>
          > wrote:
          > > Hi Elijah,
          > >
          > > I sent you my new FT-897.ini file for testing two days ago. Did you
          > receive
          > > it? if not, please download RigIni.zip from the OmniRig web site,
          > it now
          > > includes that ini. The Tester's Guide has also been updated, please
          > > re-download.
          > >
          > > 73 Alex VE3NEA
          > >

          > > > I sent you a email. I cannot get the rig to see it. From the
          > > > betatest.txt a couple things don't make sense. First off, it
          > says:
          > > >
          > > > CONFIGURATION
          > > >
          > > > 1. Start Client.exe.
          > > > 2. Click on the Open Dialog button.
          > > > 3. Select rig type and set com port parameters. Do not change Poll
          > > > Int. and Timeout.
          > > >
          > > > Ok, how can you do step 3 if the FT 897 isn't a rig type....?
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • digitaleli
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 17, 2004
            No log is created. Should it be in the same dir as client.exe or
            rigs? I see nothing.

            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 18, 2004
              Hi Elijah,

              OmniRig does not generate the log by default, you have to enable logging as
              described in the Tester's Guide. The Guide also explains in every detail how
              to find the log. Please download a fresh copy of the Guide and follow the
              instructions.

              Please reply to my direct email address, not to the group.

              73 Alex VE3NEA