Open up CW Skimmer for more than 3kHz.... Selectable VFOs too.

  • jeraldvolpe
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 15, 2008
      Alex,

      Just checking in on this subject.

      As mentioned earlier would truly appreciate being able to open up the
      minimum bandwidth for a standard receiver to at least 8 kHz to match
      the available bandwidth of the Orion, Orion II, Jupiter, and Pegasus
      transceivers. I don't wish to modify my Orion to tap off the IF at
      this time. I know we have had this discussion. As a member of the NCCC
      (Northern California Contest Club) I know the added value CW Skimmer
      has with an SDR attached to it (We had a really great testimonial to
      its success for spotting the entire CW band at last night's NCCC
      monthly meeting).. however for now my interest is primarily working DX
      and Skimmer at 3 kHz wide has been a great assistant when working a DX
      station running split... to be able to open it up 3 kHz to 8 kHz would
      be a great advantage to us DXers running Ten-Tec equipment. The
      selectable VFOs option makes Skimmer easier to use too (although I did
      modify my OmniPage Orion script, but many aren't willing to attempt that).

      CW Skimmer... a truly innovative product getting better with each new
      update.

      73,

      Jerry, KG6TT